Toop.org Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Toop.org » What's Happening? » What's on your mind? » Stupid Kids that Don't know how to drive

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Stupid Kids that Don't know how to drive
Eric
Webmaster
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eric   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well last Tuesday, Sheryl and I were coming home from doing some shopping on our last day off from work in the rain. We Stopped at a red light on the top of a bridge and watched a semi turn left coming towards us.. no big deal... Then we both see a black Firebird fly around the corner in the inside lane trying to beat the semi around the turn. (Semi in right lane, firebird in left lane).

Well about 1/2 through the intersection we could hear his tires spinning and his backend was beating the front end around the corner... Sheryl and I both said a quick prayer asking for the car to miss us... it didn't. Sheryl opened up the driver door on the bridge, looks back at the kid and says "ARE YOU STUPID?"

Sheryl called the cops and the semi driver also stopped and gave me his info. He said "That kid was trying to beat me around the corner" We let the cops know that and they also appeared to call the semi driver. So on the Accident report it states that he was cited for Reckless Driving!!! After it was all said and done...all the kid could say was "well atleast my rims are okay, Otherwise I would be really mad" and then as we were about to leave "Well... Good luck" Grrrrrrr

Here are some pictures of my baby smashed up. [Cry Smiley]

-

-

The pictures don't look so bad.. but you can't get the back door open... He 17 year old took out 1/2 the drivers door, the entire passenger door, and part of the back 1/4 panel and tire [Frown]

--------------------
~ Eric

Posts: 1138 | From: Ramsey, Minnesota  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Stacy
Forum Regular
Member # 27

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Stacy   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I feel your pain....just glad no one was hurt. Was Mr. Hayden sitting on that side of the car? Just soooooo glad everyone is okay!! Once it's fixed you'll have your car back to it's normal shape.
Posts: 417 | From: Mpls  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Stacy
Forum Regular
Member # 27

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Stacy   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hopefully Alex reads this so he can learn from others mistakes!! Don't think you can out do everyone else in driving and drive for others!!
Sharon
Forum Regular
Member # 15

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sharon   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Glad no one was hurt too. That worries me so when I'm out driving. But it almost happened to me last Friday morning when I was taking Emilie to the eye doctor to get her contacts. A train was coming and I was looking to see if the bars were down yet or if the red lights were on and they weren't and I was going to make a run for it before they did come and almost turn in front of a car coming. Emilie stopped me before I did and we still got accross before the train got there. But it left me shaking and wishing I was in a small town.

--------------------
Sharon Kay

Posts: 211 | From: Rochester, MN 55902  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
korgecl
Member # 45

Icon 1 posted      Profile for korgecl           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
When I was at Vonnie's recently, as I approached the railroad tracks the lights and bells started. I slammed on the brakes rather that charge on through. I stopped short of the tracks. All of a sudden, Vonnie told me to back up. I knew I was close to the tracks but I didn't think we were in danger. She again told me to back up. The bars were coming down on top of my car. I just got that new car two days before. The car wouldn't go backwards. I don't know if I jammed the brakes or if it was the transmission. I will be calling the dealership. The good news is we did not get hit by the train and there were no marks on the roof of my vehicle where the bars bounced a couple times.
Posts: 53 | From: Green Bay office  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eric
Webmaster
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eric   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Wow I didn't know anything about that Connie. Sure glad you girls didn't get hurt at all!!!

--------------------
~ Eric

Posts: 1138 | From: Ramsey, Minnesota  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Stacy
Forum Regular
Member # 27

Did you get your car fixed?

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Faces

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To: