Toop.org Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Toop.org » What's Happening? » What's on your mind? » Touch of the flu

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Touch of the flu
Sheryl
Super Poster
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sheryl   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm thinking that the flu was going through our house this week. Wednesday night Hayden threw up twice and woke Thursday a.m. with the runs. His stools are getting better, but now Eric and I ended up with it. I felt it coming on Friday all day and it really hit me during the night. At times I was very uncomfortable that I couldn't sleep so I would come out and watch T.V. It hit Eric this a.m. and while Hayden took a nap so did he. Food doesn't sound good at all, but we try to get down as much dry stuff our body will take. I called Maria this a.m. at her dad's and she hasn't gotten it yet.

So the New Year in wasn't the most enjoyable.

--------------------
Sheryl

Posts: 3134 | From: Ramsey, MN  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Vonnie
Grand Member
Member # 4

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Vonnie           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I had the flu this weekend and it was no fun. I haven't been that sick with the flu for a long time. This was the stomach flu which my flu shot doesn't prevent.

I slept a lot. And when I wasn't sleeping, I was in the bathroom. Sitting on the toilet with a pail in front of me. Oh ya both ends!

I hope if you have to get the flu you don't get it as hard as I did. I couldn't even stand watching Dustin eat or food commercials on TV. [Frown]

Good luck everyone!

--------------------
Vonnie S. Toop

Posts: 1399 | From: Eau Claire, WI USA  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sheryl
Super Poster
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sheryl   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yuck, that doesn't sound like fun at all. Ours wasn't that bad. Hope that you are feeling better now.

--------------------
Sheryl

Posts: 3134 | From: Ramsey, MN  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eric
Webmaster
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eric   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Doesn't sound like any fun [Frown] Good luck

--------------------
~ Eric

Posts: 1139 | From: Ramsey, Minnesota  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
korgecl
Member # 45

Icon 1 posted      Profile for korgecl           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have heard of lots of people have some degree of what you are talking about. The first person I talked to thought she and her husband had food poisoning.
Posts: 53 | From: Green Bay office  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Vonnie
Grand Member
Member # 4

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Vonnie           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well Monday afternoon after my long nap, I woke up hungry for the first time since noon on Sat. First I tried a piece of toast (2:00 p.m.) and about 5:30 had a grilled cheese sandwich. That was the only easy thing I could think of. It all stayed down and I was happy.

But wait there is more, about 3:00 a.m. (Tuesday morning) I woke up feeling like I had to throw up again. I was so disappointed. I stayed in bed until about 5:00 a.m. and than rushed to the bathroom with my pail in my hand. Yes I was sick again.

Now it is late afternoon on Tuesday and I feel pretty good again.

[ January 28, 2005, 06:39 PM: Message fixed by: Sheryl ]

--------------------
Vonnie S. Toop

Posts: 1399 | From: Eau Claire, WI USA  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Faces

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To: