Toop.org Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Toop.org » What's Happening? » What's on your mind? » Lasik Eye Surgery

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Lasik Eye Surgery
Sheryl
Super Poster
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sheryl   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I went Thursday for my first consult to see if I would be a canadiate to have the actual procedure done. It was a long couple of hours of testing. They had to numb my eyes twice to measure the depth of my cornea and the pressure of my cornea. That was an odd feeling. They had to actually stick something in my eye and I never felt it at all.

The doctor told me I was a good canadiate. So I'm going on to have it done. Dr. Sheridan has done thousands of these procedures and the reason I went to this doctor was because several people at UMP had their's done by him.

He is booked through the whole month of January to do the surgery. It won't be until Feburary for sure that I will have it done. I do have a visit before the actual procedure can be done. That I'm hoping to do next week.

I'll keep you posted.

--------------------
Sheryl

Posts: 3134 | From: Ramsey, MN  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Connie
Member # 48

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Connie           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Everyone that I know that has had the procedure has been happy with their choice. One friend had it done in 1995 when it was really new. She has to wear reading glasses now because of changes related to aging but she has always been happy with the outcome of the surgery.
Posts: 47 | From: Green Bay  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Vonnie
Grand Member
Member # 4

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Vonnie           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I wish you luck on your surgery. I know you have waited a long time to do this. 2 people in my office had this done in the cities and had good results.

Keep us posted on when and where or new information.

--------------------
Vonnie S. Toop

Posts: 1399 | From: Eau Claire, WI USA  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sheryl
Super Poster
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sheryl   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I've set the date to have it done on Feb 9th. I have a pre-op visit on Feb 4th and my post-op is set for Feb 10th. So right around your two's birthday.. [Wink]

Yes, I've put off for awhile just to see how we would do with the new house and the stuff we wanted to add to it. It has been a well deserved wait and I'm very excited to be able to wake up to see the world without having to put a pair of glasses on. I've had glasses all of my life so it will be sweet!! [Smile] [Cool]

I'll keep you posted when I have it done.

It will cost us a little over $3500, because I'm having the new wave front procedure done. The doctor was just saying it is the new and improved procedure that makes things even more clear to see. He still does the other procedure but highly recommends the new. It was just approved to us in Oct 2003.

Thanks, Ladies for your encouraging words!! [Cool]

--------------------
Sheryl

Eric
Webmaster
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eric   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'll miss my girl in glasser [Frown]

--------------------
~ Eric

Posts: 1139 | From: Ramsey, Minnesota  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sheryl
Super Poster
Member # 3

Well I'm not going to miss her. She's tired of going into a warm building after being in the cold for a short period of time and her glasses fog up. [Roll Eyes] [Mad] She can't take them off because she can't see without them anyways. Then at night when she goes to bed she has to remember to take her glasses off because it can become very uncomfortable with them on. Then when she wakes in the a.m. she has to make sure she puts her glasses on because she would be blind without them.

As far as, how I look without them I'll take that over all of the inconviences of them. Plus everyone is just so use to seeing me with them that they don't know any difference. You'll all grow to love the look that I create from not having them. You'll see....trust me!! [Wink]

--------------------
Sheryl

Vonnie
Grand Member
Member # 4

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Vonnie           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It sure looks like you have really thought about this and are really ready for the surgery. You will look just fine. We will all have to get use to you without glasses especially Hayden.

It is sorta funny how he reacts when people take their glasses off. I couldn't figure out when I was there last time why he was looking at me so funny. He had this look like I was a stranger and he was afraid of me, and I had been there for 2 days. That is when Eric or Sheryl said "you don't have your glasses on". I couldn't believe his reaction. I had taken them off because I had been outside and like Sheryl said they fog up when you come into the warm house. I put my glasses on and he right away gave me a big smile. [Big Grin]

--------------------
Vonnie S. Toop

Posts: 1399 | From: Eau Claire, WI USA  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sheryl
Super Poster
Member # 3

It is more like he is shy of you because you don't look familiar. I love doing it just to get that reaction from him... [Big Grin] [Wink] He'll get used to it in no time.

It is my husband that will have a problem adjusting.... [Wink] He'll have a new wife that he'll have to get use to. He always says that I'm beautiful no matter what... [Heart] [Kiss]

--------------------
Sheryl

Sheryl
Super Poster
Member # 3

The day has come and tomorrow I'll be having my Lasik procedure done. I'm so excited I don't think I'll be sleeping much tonight. [Big Grin] We will let you know how it went and how the results were.

--------------------
Sheryl

Eric
Webmaster
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eric   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Today we arrived at 7:50am for her appointment, by 9:15am we were on the road heading back home.

Sheryl has been sleepig since then. I have to wake her at 1pm to put 3 sets of drops in her eyes. Then I will probably send her back to sleepyland.

We will keep you updated

--------------------
~ Eric

Posts: 1139 | From: Ramsey, Minnesota  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sheryl
Super Poster
Member # 3

It wentVERY well. The procedure was so quick and painless I wasn't sure they had done anything until they set me up I could see the clock on the wall that previously they had asked me to look at... [Cool]

It is hard to explain, but I'll do my best. Once in the surgical room they sertilize the area around the eye, give you instructions on what will take place and what my job is. That job was to always stare at the blinking light above me. They taped and covered up the left eye before starting first on the right eye. They clamped the eyelid so that I wouldn't blink. After that point all I saw was the blinking light, a little darkness then clipping of the laser machine then they said I was done. That was repeated on the left eye. [Cool] Amazing results!!! [Light Bulb]

Very simple procedure and I can see. Each day the blur that I see will eventually get better. Tomorrow is my next day follow up then I shouldn't have to go see him until next year for a regular eye vision appointment.

I'm sooooooo glad I had this done!! I would recommend my dr. He made me feel very comfortable about it and throught the whole procedure. [Thumbs Up]

--------------------
Sheryl

Vonnie
Grand Member
Member # 4

I am so happy for you that it went well. I haven't heard about anybody having trouble, so everything will go just fine. Just keep doing the drops or whatever you have to do and you will be great.

--------------------
Vonnie S. Toop

Sheryl
Super Poster
Member # 3

Well it has been a little over a week since I had my eyes done and I'm so glad that I had it done!!! [Thumbs Up] Thanks Eric for supporting me in the decision to have my eyes done.

I have noticed in the last couple of days reaching to take my glasses off, push them up,trying to reach for them to put on or waiting for them to fog up after being out in the cold then coming back indoors.... [Big Grin] [Cool]

--------------------
Sheryl

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Faces

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To: