Toop.org Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Toop.org » What's Happening? » What's on your mind? » Hayden's Quilt

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Hayden's Quilt
Vonnie
Grand Member
Member # 4

Icon 10 posted      Profile for Vonnie           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I am going to try and make Hayden a quilt for his birthday. Sheryl, Eric and I have been talking about what they want.

I wouldn't tell you yet what it is going to look like but I was having trouble finding what they wanted. I keep talking quilting lingo to Eric and he keeps saying "Mom I have no idea what you are talking about". Well I am very proud of the 2 of them because yesterday they called me from a quilt store to ask me questions. Would you believe that wasn't the only quilt store they went to. They were overwhelmed of all the fabric they found. A Fabric Warehouse they found, they walked in and minutes later walked back out. There was so much fabric and no organization they said they would have never found anything. (I would love to go there. They said it was all 1/2 price)

I have learned that if you want a quilt to last for a keepsake, you really should get the fabric at a quilt store. There is a difference in fabric I guess. As a new comer to all this I can't tell the difference.

I will let you know how my quilt comes along. [Wink]

--------------------
Vonnie S. Toop

Posts: 1399 | From: Eau Claire, WI USA  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
korgecl
Member # 45

Icon 1 posted      Profile for korgecl           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have heard of that factory warehouse. Overwhelming with all of the choices. Do you think the fabric at a quilting store is really any different? If you can determine the thread count or content of the material, I can't imagine that it is really that different.
Posts: 53 | From: Green Bay office  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sheryl
Super Poster
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sheryl   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The warehouse is overwhelming only because they had their bolts stacked on top of one another. Where at the fabric store they had them organized by color and pattern. Then stacked side by side which made it much easier.

As for the quilty I don't know because I'm not a fabric junky. Vonnie ask your lady friend who owns a fabric store. It might be the warehouse is getting rid of quanity and not quality where the fabric store might pay more attention to what they are getting.

--------------------
Sheryl

Posts: 3134 | From: Ramsey, MN  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Vonnie
Grand Member
Member # 4

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Vonnie           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well I am not making Hayden a quilt at this time. I have looked & looked at fabric and looked at patterns. Sheryl & Eric wanted a Safari theme and that wasn't the easiest thing to come up with for all 3 of us to agree on. I have worked on this for 4 weeks. I was having fun. [Big Grin]

Yesterday Eric,Sheryl & the kids were out running around and they found a bed in a bag that was perfect for Hayden's bed. A Safari theme and everything. So they called me and told me about it. I told them to go ahead and Sheryl said I could still make a quilt. I forgot to ask her if I was still suppose to stick to the safari theme or just something that would go with his animal pictures etc.

--------------------
Vonnie S. Toop

Posts: 1399 | From: Eau Claire, WI USA  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sheryl
Super Poster
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sheryl   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sorry that bummed you a little and seriously we were a little scared to tell you about it. You've been working so hard on trying to find the right material, with just the right design and we really appreciate that you were putting so much thought and time into it. [Frown] [Cry Smiley]

I say you put together a quilt that you would like to give him. I don't care the theme it is your project and I know that you won't disappoint us!! [Cool]

--------------------
Sheryl

Posts: 3134 | From: Ramsey, MN  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Faces

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To: