Toop.org Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Toop.org » What's Happening? » What's on your mind? » Samantha Ruplinger dies in car accident

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Samantha Ruplinger dies in car accident
Vonnie
Grand Member
Member # 4

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Vonnie           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Samantha J. Ruplinger

Feb. 2, 1989 – March 28, 2005

OLIVIA -- Samantha Jo Ruplinger, 16, of Olivia died Monday from injuries received in a one-car motor vehicle accident. (9:00 a.m.)

She was on an unfamiliar road. She was driving on a tar road, she went over a hill and the road changed to gravel. She lost control and the car rolled many times. There was no school Monday because of Easter vacation. Her mom told me tonight, she will never know why Sam was even on that road.

She was born Feb. 2, 1989, in Willmar to Jerry and Donna (Slagter) Ruplinger. She attended school at MACCRAY, BOLD and the Central Minnesota Christian School in Prinsburg.

(Jerry Ruplinger (her father) was my ex-husbands nephew.)

Lynn, Dustin, Dana, Bruce and I went to the review for Samantha tonight. They had the review at a church because the funeral parlor would not hold all the people who came. The review was from 5 - 8 pm tonight and I guess people were there before 5:00 and stood in line for some time. I guess there was a long line no matter what time you went. I think we stood in line for 1/2 hour before we got up to the casket.

The funeral people did a good job on her. I don't know how many times her car rolled but she died instantly. They had a knitted scarf over her hands. You could tell, by what you could see that her hands and arms were black and blue. They also had a very pretty colored net that went from the top of the caskets cover and than hung over her and than hung down to the bottom of the casket in the front.

For some one only 16 years old, she must have touched a lot of people. I didn't count but there were many flower arrangements. She was looking forward to going on a mission trip when she got older.

[ April 01, 2005, 02:15 AM: Message fixed by: Vonnie ]

--------------------
Vonnie S. Toop

Posts: 1399 | From: Eau Claire, WI USA  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sheryl
Super Poster
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sheryl   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
How sad!!! [Frown] I'm not sure who she was but that last name sounds familiar. Young peoples funerals are hard to go to because their life was so short, but it sounds like she touched many peoples lives in the time she was here on earth.

--------------------
Sheryl

Posts: 3134 | From: Ramsey, MN  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Faces

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To: