Toop.org Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Toop.org » What's Happening? » What's on your mind? » Vonnie

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Vonnie
Sheleen
Grand Member
Member # 20

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sheleen           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have been wondering how it has been going in your new home? I know it has been a while since you have been moved in but I haven't had time to find out how it is going.

Do you like the new place? Is what you were hoping it would be? Have you met your neighbors yet?

Let me know how it is going!

Posts: 1020 | From: Spicer, MN 56288  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Vonnie
Grand Member
Member # 4

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Vonnie           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I really like my new patio apartment. It really does have plenty of room for me. Of course every one threw away a lot of things to make room.

I have met more neighbors than I can remember names. Most people over 55 seem to be so friendly. A lot of the people around here walk around the building, but I think the 1st 3 weeks I was here, more people walked by than usual.

They have bingo, games, 1 meal a month and other things every Monday night in the dinning room. Laundry room has 3 washer and 3 dryers and they are FREE to the who live here. They have a library and a big table that a puzzle is being put together all the time. Any one can just sit down and help.

Just before I moved in I hurt my back. I tried to live with it thinking it was just pulled muscles, but found out differently. I had X-Rays, than CAT scan and than finally a MRI at the hospital because I was in so much pain. They wanted to admit me to the hospital but I talked them out of it. I wasn't feeling as much pain than with the medicine they had given me. I told Lynn I didn't even feel light headed or anything as I thought I would be with the medicine they gave me. She just sort of laughed and said "Oh ya you do" I have Spinal Stenosis of the Lumbar Spine, but they said the lower part of my spine was also a mess. That’s how they descript it to me. I have had 3 shots in my spine. Next I see a surgeon Sept 13th and than we will see what happens.

--------------------
Vonnie S. Toop

Posts: 1399 | From: Eau Claire, WI USA  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sheleen
Grand Member
Member # 20

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sheleen           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sounds like you have a very nice place to live. Great to have neighbors and activities to do together. Glad for you!

Sorry to hear about your back. Hope that they'll be able to take care of it for you! Good luck!

Posts: 1020 | From: Spicer, MN 56288  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Faces

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To: