Toop.org Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Toop.org » What's Happening? » What's on your mind? » Moving plans

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Moving plans
Sheleen
Grand Member
Member # 20

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sheleen           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
For those that do not know yet we are moving to Duluth MN next June 2006. Bill's business is opening an office in Duluth Oct 15, 05. Which will make for a more stable home life. He'll be home every night instead of only 2-3 days a week.

We have found a 5.9 acre lot in Carlton MN which is all open land but does have trees bordering around most of the lot. We are looking to build a 2 story house on a slab foundation since the land we found is flat. We are working on a plan currently with a builder up north and have met with him 2 times already.

Chub Lake is only 1 1/2 miles from where we will build, a bike path about 2 miles away that goes through the Jay Cook State Park, also, goes all the way to Duluth and only 5 miles from Interstate 35.

We are all looking forward to moving! It has been our dream to move to the Duluth area since 2000, never thought is would ever happen!

Posts: 1020 | From: Spicer, MN 56288  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sheryl
Super Poster
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sheryl   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Congratulations!!! We will now have someone to go see when we come visit Duluth.

Enjoy the new venture!!! [Thumbs Up]

--------------------
Sheryl

Posts: 3134 | From: Ramsey, MN  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Vonnie
Grand Member
Member # 4

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Vonnie           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I am so glad for you guys. You have talked about Duluth for some time and I know how disappointed it was when moving there looked like it was going to happen a few years ago and than fell through.

Good luck!

--------------------
Vonnie S. Toop

Posts: 1399 | From: Eau Claire, WI USA  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sheleen
Grand Member
Member # 20

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sheleen           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
We are looking forward to it very much! I can hardly wait to start on our new home. I am gathering lots ideas for our house and looking forward when it is put all together.
Posts: 1020 | From: Spicer, MN 56288  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Vonnie
Grand Member
Member # 4

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Vonnie           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I just re-read this and had to laugh.

I wouldn't be able to drive by your new house as it is being build.

For those of you who don't knew, I think I drove by Bill & Sheleen's new house in Spicer at least 2-3 times a week just for the fun of it. I never went in though. I just stop in front and looked. Well the new house will just have to be build without my support. HA HA [Cry Smiley] [Cry Smiley]

--------------------
Vonnie S. Toop

Posts: 1399 | From: Eau Claire, WI USA  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sheleen
Grand Member
Member # 20

We'll have to send pictures to Eric to post then you can watch that way. Less on gas! I wont be able to watch it like I did this house either. Bill will be the one to do that!

We are on pins and needles though with excitement to get started.

Stacy
Forum Regular
Member # 27

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Stacy   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Exciting! Hope all goes well for you while building. It's fun to build but it's also fun to be done and not think of it again. But my friends and I were talking how it would be good to move every 5 years then you will clean out all the junk you really don't need! But I've decided to just keep the junk out before it get settled. I don't like moving alot!

Have fun building! We'll enjoy watching! [Big Grin]

Posts: 417 | From: Mpls  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sheleen
Grand Member
Member # 20

Well, we've done just about that....moving every 5 years. The longest we've been in one place was 7 yrs.

It does help get rid of what you don't need but I would rather just learn to manage it right away and keep everything orderly. I hope to do this in this next house...we'll see.

I am getting tired of moving though....for sure we are not doing anything until all the kids have graduated from high school which is another 8 yrs. I would like to make it our perment home until we are no longer able to have a house.

Stacy
Forum Regular
Member # 27

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Stacy   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yeah, would be great to always stay on top of it! Even with as little as I have, you always find more to deal with. I keep getting rid of stuff and I thought I got rid of everything when I first moved in except for what I needed. Where does it all come from 'cause I do not go shopping to bring more in!! It's a never ending project. Stuff goes out and stuff comes in!! The joys of life!!

My friends and I have been helping each other to simplfy our lives....it's a long process but once we get there, it will be well worth it!!

Posts: 417 | From: Mpls  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Faces

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To: