Toop.org Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Toop.org » What's Happening? » What's on your mind? » Counting blessings

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Counting blessings
Sharon
Forum Regular
Member # 15

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sharon   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I thought I was having a bad day Sat. morning when my car wouldn't start after I had already been to the farmers market and back with out any trouble. I came in to my apartment to have breakfast and talk on the phone awhile and was on my way to get gas and to the chiro then to get Grandma Ninneman to take her to the chiro and after that have lunch out with her and then I had an apartment for the landlord to clean in the afternoon.

I gets into the car, turn the key and nothing happens. I couldn't believe it. I called my garage where I bought the car and told him what was happening and he had me do this and then that and still no running engine. So he says that the battery must have died. Great. Just what I needed. He says it was going to cost me around $100. And when they say that I usually can count on at least $200.

So I call a friend to come jump the car so I can go get a battery. He comes and finds the cable broken off from the battery. It looked like some one had tightened it to much and broke it. I had just had it serviced last weekend and think some one saw it loose and tightened it and broke it but didn't say anything. It had been acting funny all week. Kind of missing every so often. But they said that they never check that when they change the oil so I can't prove anything.

Anyway I had to get a tow truck to tow it to Saturns and get it fixed. Well needless to say neither I nor mom got to the chiro that day. Nor out for lunch.

While I was waiting for the car to get fixed I was watching on tv the Louisana news and while watching felt guilty for even thinking I was having a bad day. Those poor people are going to being having a bad day for months to come. But it does look like alot of them might fair better later than they did before. Its just what they have to go through till it all gets straighten out.

I think of the banks and post offices and businesses. The mess they have to straighten out. And maybe never will get it all straighten out.

Anyway I thought I needed to be more thankful for the little problems I have that and to think of others who have alot worse problems than that. And it doesn't take very much looking around to see some one else with a worse problem than I ever have had. I just hope to be stronger and more willing and able to endure harder times when they do come my way.

Oh, by the way the repair only cost $91.98 I couldn't believe that either. he-he

Have a good day and count your blessing.

--------------------
Sharon Kay

Posts: 211 | From: Rochester, MN 55902  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Faces

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To: