Toop.org Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Toop.org » What's Happening? » What's on your mind? » Working again!

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Working again!
Sheleen
Grand Member
Member # 20

Icon 14 posted      Profile for Sheleen           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I got the perfect job! I applied for a job at the elementary school working with students having trouble in math and reading and I got it! I start Nov. 14 working 7:50 a.m.-11:50 a.m. and I work only the days the kids are in school plus I make more then I did at my prior job! I am home when the kids get on the bus plus home long before they get home so I would still have time to do other things, also.
Posts: 1020 | From: Spicer, MN 56288  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Stacy
Forum Regular
Member # 27

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Stacy   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Cool!! That will be nice to have a little spending money and being home when the kids are home. [Thumbs Up]
Posts: 417 | From: Mpls  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Vonnie
Grand Member
Member # 4

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Vonnie           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Boy does that jobe sound like a winner. You get done work early enough to go grocery shopping by yourself also. Plus when you get home from work, it is always easier, (at least for me) to clean and do things like that with no one around. Or just to sit down and read a book.

--------------------
Vonnie S. Toop

Posts: 1399 | From: Eau Claire, WI USA  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sheryl
Super Poster
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sheryl   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Congratulations!!!! I didn't know you were looking for a job.

--------------------
Sheryl

Posts: 3134 | From: Ramsey, MN  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sheleen
Grand Member
Member # 20

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sheleen           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Neither was I until I saw the ad in the paper and thought it would be fun to work with little kids so applied half thinking I would get it because I do not have much experience with kids other then my own and doing daycare for 4 years, which must have been enough.

I have on 1 grade class, and 2 4th grade classes that I will be working with the students that have trouble with reading and math.

I am hoping it is something that I really like then I could apply at the Esko, Hermantown, Carlton, or Clouquet school and have the same hours as the kids do and have summers off, also.

Posts: 1020 | From: Spicer, MN 56288  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
korgecl
Member # 45

Icon 1 posted      Profile for korgecl           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sounds like a fun thing. When I retire, I would like to do something like that if I am in the same place long enough.
Posts: 53 | From: Green Bay office  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sheleen
Grand Member
Member # 20

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sheleen           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This is my second day working and I love it! The children are so sweet and I love working with them.

Some are a bit challenging and some are so willing to please.

It is sad though to see the kids struggling because most of the time they do not have parents that care enough to read to them or help them with their homework.

There is this one little boy that isn't in school on a constent bases because the parents do not work to get them to school on time.

Parents remember: Children are our future! How can we have a bright future if they are not prepared for it! Remember our children will decide where to place us when we can no longer take care of ourselves.......so try to make their world a positive one.

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Faces

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To: