Toop.org Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Toop.org » What's Happening? » What's on your mind? » A loss of a good life

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: A loss of a good life
Sheryl
Super Poster
Member # 3

Icon 9 posted      Profile for Sheryl   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Bill Pfingsten's, my twin sisters husband,uncle past away either yesterday or today.

He lost his battle to diabeties. He had a transplant of the liver but it failed and has been on dialouses for the past year. His body finally gave up. From Sheleen's report he had lost a lot of weight and was almost a skelton.

What a good man he was and like his sister had, took his illness with stride and with very little complaining. He will be shinning up in heaven!! God knows he was getting a good one.

Our thoughts are with the Pfingsten family during the sad time.... [Frown]

--------------------
Sheryl

Posts: 3134 | From: Ramsey, MN  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eric
Webmaster
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eric   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
So sorry to hear, Bill, Sheleen, and family you are in our prayers.

--------------------
~ Eric

Posts: 1139 | From: Ramsey, Minnesota  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sheleen
Grand Member
Member # 20

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sheleen           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Alan will be missed very much by many. We do not wish him back here because he had such a struggle with his health. He is in a peaceful place and we are glad his struggle is over.

Like Sheryl mentioned he never complained about his health, never asked why me, but just faced it will grace. That strength only came from the power from God and he relied heavly on that.

We are thankful for his example and want to strive to be more like him.

Posts: 1020 | From: Spicer, MN 56288  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sheleen
Grand Member
Member # 20

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sheleen           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The times spent together with Alan are now a treasure in our memory. Through the years, of course, we shared times, but we are especially thinking of the last few years. Walt and I decided for no particular reason to spend the first part of December, 2005 with Alan, Kathy and Heather. Twice, I had the special time to spend a whole week in their home with Alan while Kathy and Heather were elsewhere. Those times were quality ones to feel the pulse of their daily life, to visit or just share quiet times. Also, we are glad to be acquainted with the workers and friends in their area who were and are so very supportive.

Even though Alan was in a fragile condition at length, his last months were considered stable by his dialysis staff. He was able to partake of the Sunday and Wednesday evening meetings and be up and about some. IL had just finished their special meetings. Alan, Kathy and Heather were at three sites for meetings, the last being the Sunday before he passed away on Wednesday, April 12th. On Tuesday, the 11th, he had a good day. The three ate at a restaurant for supper. While waiting for his morphine prescription to be filled, Alan himself picked out cards to send for others’ milestones. Some of those cards, Kathy has now sent. Walt was the recipient of one. In the evening, Kathy treasures their last conversation which focused on what Heather spoke on at the Washington/Peoria special meeting.

Alan was diagnosed with Type I diabetes as an eleven year old or 45 years ago. I remember those days well. Twenty-three years ago, he had his first visible complication, retinal detachments. Other major complications from diabetes manifested through the years. Five years ago, he was disabled and no longer kept his occupation. For the last year and 8 months, he had dialysis three times weekly. He suffered severely at times with physical pains. We were glad that he did have some good days. Through it all, though, we draw on the beautiful spirit he manifested. He was an example and inspiration to Walt and I through the years and as the verse says in …an example in word, in conversation, in charity, in spirit, in faith, in purity. We have “Sweet Remembrance”.

Posts: 1020 | From: Spicer, MN 56288  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Faces

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To: