Toop.org Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Toop.org » What's Happening? » What's on your mind? » 4th of July

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: 4th of July
Sheryl
Super Poster
Member # 3

Icon 14 posted      Profile for Sheryl   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
We slept in until Hayden woke us. I was the first at 7:45, then dad at 8:30 and then Maria at 9 a.m.

We left the house around 10:30 for a bike ride. We went along the Rum River until we got to downtown Anoka. Along the way we stopped to throw some rocks into the river to see how far we could throw them. Then we found a spot at a park to eat the lunch that we had packed.

There were many historic things that we could read along the path that we took. We learned that downtown Anoka was known for their wood buildings. In 1884 there was a fire that destroyed 86 buildings. They discovered that building with wood was a fire hazarded. In 1952 there was a flood that destroyed around 105 houses then again in 1965 59 houses were destroyed because of the floods. It flooded where the Rum River & Mississippi meets.

We stopped at the Rum River damn to watch the water falling and enjoy the water views.

On the way home Hayden fell asleep. We brought along his pillow so that he would be more comfortable. It did work pretty well!!

Now we are home letting Hayden take a good nap before we head out for the fire works down by the Mississippi in downtown Minneapolis. We found some awesome fireworks a several weekends ago and they are showing them there again for the 4th.

We hope that you all are having a great day!! What awesome weather. You couldn't ask for a better day. [Cool]

--------------------
Sheryl

Posts: 3134 | From: Ramsey, MN  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Vonnie
Grand Member
Member # 4

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Vonnie           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi Everyone

We went to a Stock Car Race in Madison, MN. Arlo's (my friend) grandson races so we go to races, Thursday in Willmar, Friday in Monti, Saturday in Alex, Sunday in Madison,MN. Then we also have 2 of Arlo's grandson's racing go carts in Glenwood on Sunday night We can't make the go cart race and stock car races on Sunday night. It is 1 or the other.

The race track in Alex had really good fire works on Saturday night. Sunday night in Madison is the day I hurt my back so I actually didn't do anything on the 4th. [Cry Smiley]

--------------------
Vonnie S. Toop

Posts: 1399 | From: Eau Claire, WI USA  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Faces

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To: