Toop.org Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Toop.org » What's Happening? » What's on your mind? » Sick gals

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Sick gals
Sheryl
Super Poster
Member # 3

Icon 9 posted      Profile for Sheryl   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Last week Thursday it started as a normal day for me until about 9 a.m. While in training for a new system for work I had to go to the bathroom like I had to go now!!! When I went it wasn't as much as I felt it should have been with a little uncomfortable feeling. All day it just got worse & worse. It was a feeling I've never felt before. So I didn't think nothing too much of it but others were telling me sounded like a bladder infection. Silly me I was thinking I was just imagining it so I put off going to the doctor. Well by Friday afternoon I couldn't take it any longer. I went to the doctor and sure enough...bladder infection it was. The pain was like nothing else that I've experienced. I do not want to feel that again!!

Now this a.m. we found out that Maria has strep throat. Last night she came home with a sore throat and an upset stomach. This a.m. Eric said she wasn't herself so he took her in and found out it was positive for strep.

Hayden was checked out as well but he is fine just a runny nose. Lets hope that he doesn't get the strep.

It has been awhile since any of us were very sick so I guess we were due for our time.... [Confused] [Cry Smiley] [Frown]

--------------------
Sheryl

Posts: 3134 | From: Ramsey, MN  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sheleen
Grand Member
Member # 20

Icon 9 posted      Profile for Sheleen           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That's too bad! No fun to be sick! [Frown] Bladder infections is the worse. And It sounds like strep is going around! If Hayden starts to feel like Maria all you should have to do is call in and let them know that Maria had strep and they'll just give Hayden the same medicine. Hope you are all on the mend soon.
Posts: 1020 | From: Spicer, MN 56288  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sheryl
Super Poster
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sheryl   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The only thing about that sometimes even with the symptoms they may not have it. We did that one other time and he really didn't have it, then we were giving him unnecessary meds. We will have to keep a close eye on him though and if he does have the symptoms we could take him to what we call a "Minute clinic." You can find them in Cub Foods and CVS pharmacy's. They have Nurse practioners but they know how to do throat cultures just as much as any other nurse.

Thanks for your concern and we hope to be on the mend as soon as possible.... [Smile] Thanks!!

--------------------
Sheryl

Connie
Member # 48

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Connie           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Nurse practioners have master's degrees and have specific training in primary health care, teaching, prevention and lots of "health" rather than illness focus.
I had a bladder infection a couple years ago. It started again about 5 days after I finished the medication. I had to go in and have another specimen tested and then had a second round of antibiotics. A bladder infection can be really nasty and needs attention every time.

Posts: 47 | From: Green Bay  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sheryl
Super Poster
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sheryl   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Connie....that happened to me!!! [Frown] I had my last dose of meds last week Friday by Sunday evening I had the same frequent bathroom runs, a little pain and a trace of blood. I was thinking that this can't be. So I had Eric go out and get me cranberry juice. I'm not sure if that caused it to be less painful or not.

Monday it was ok, but still a lot of bathroom breaks. I even went bike riding and did ok.

Tuesday a.m. went to the doctor and found out that I have bladder & kidney infection. Plenty of people asked if I was in a lot of pain, but I'm not. A little back pain but nothing that put me out or making me miserable. This time I'm on 14 day meds 2 pills each day.

The only thing I can think this is happening is because I haven't been drinking as much as I should. Well that is changing because I don't want to end up with a kidney transplant if I'm not taking care of myself.

--------------------
Sheryl

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Faces

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To: