Toop.org Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Toop.org » What's Happening? » What's on your mind? » Fundraisers

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Fundraisers
Sheleen
Grand Member
Member # 20

Icon 8 posted      Profile for Sheleen           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I am so sick [Cry Smiley] of fundraisers! Each one of our kids have fundraisers.

For the past 2 wks Bryant has been selling candy bars. Each for $1. He is the top seller in his grade but there is so much running to sell them, making sure you have the correct change, etc. Is it really worth it. We are paying out money for the gas to run on these. And then there are some students who don't even sell any! [Mad]

Victoria and Jordan's fundraisers will becoming up in the next 4 wks so more running, collecting money, etc.

Then there is our neighbors kids who are, also, selling items for the class trips.

I am wondering if I am the only one that our school has so many fundraisers? Why can't each student just pay their way to these trips?

I do not remember us doing this! I wouldn't have wanted to either. Some of the people we go sell to are, also, sick of them. [Embarrassed]

Sorry I had to get that off my chest! [Embarrassed] [Frown]

Posts: 1020 | From: Spicer, MN 56288  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sheryl
Super Poster
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sheryl   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I hear you!!! We have had the knocks on the door though and I've refused most of them just because I get them from the girls at work. We can only be giving to so many of them before you become broke.

I know that Brianna just had one not to long ago. You aren't the only one.

The one good thing though we don't have them with Ramsey elementary. I'm thinking though it might be happening in middle & high school. I know one of Maria's mom that is on what is called the PTA and find out why our school doesn't have fundraisers and others do. I'll let you know what I find out.

--------------------
Sheryl

Posts: 3134 | From: Ramsey, MN  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Vonnie
Grand Member
Member # 4

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Vonnie           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sheleen, how come you haven't called me on your fundraisers.

The best 1 I have ever found is the pizzas from the New London School. Remember me when the kids have that one.

I will take some candy bars. Give me a call. [Phone] [Razz]

--------------------
Vonnie S. Toop

Posts: 1399 | From: Eau Claire, WI USA  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sheleen
Grand Member
Member # 20

Icon 10 posted      Profile for Sheleen           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The pizzas are sold by the 5th graders who are going to Wolf Ridge and I don't have any 5th graders anymore. [Frown]

Bryant did just fine selling to our neighbors and some to our church friends. He sold a total of 6 boxes each box has 40 candy bars.

Victoria is going to be selling summer sauage this fall you might want some of that.

I don't like to go more then a 5 mile radius to sell because then we are forking out for the gas. If we are in Willmar at the time of selling we'll try and stop in.

Thanks, Vonnie for your offer though! [Wink]

Posts: 1020 | From: Spicer, MN 56288  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eric
Webmaster
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eric   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
If you know of any 5th grades have them call me!! I love those Taco Pizza's

--------------------
~ Eric

Posts: 1139 | From: Ramsey, Minnesota  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Vonnie
Grand Member
Member # 4

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Vonnie           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sheleen,

Yes I would like some summer sauage! Just have her give me a call and I can even pick it up. I haven't been down your road for a long time to see what is new. [Big Grin] [Wink]

--------------------
Vonnie S. Toop

Posts: 1399 | From: Eau Claire, WI USA  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sheryl
Super Poster
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sheryl   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Is there a 4th or 5th grader that you would know in school that would be selling the Taco pizza's?

--------------------
Sheryl

Posts: 3134 | From: Ramsey, MN  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sheleen
Grand Member
Member # 20

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sheleen           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, I am sorry but the fundraiser is over with until next year! [Frown] That fundraiser goes on from the first of Sept. until almost until the end of Sept.

Taco pizza is my favorite, also, and that is what I got this time from our neighbor boy. I'll try and remember for next year to give you all a call. There is one person who will be 5th grader next year that I know of.

Vonnie, there isn't too much new. One new house that went up last fall and was just sold this summer. Another lot was sold but nothing has been built on it yet. The Lewison's have done some cute landscaping at the end of their driveway. [Cool] They are the ones on the left as you go around the first curve. We have one neighbor guy who is single and works in the cities during the week, who doesn't take very good care of his yard. Our kids went over there to sell candy bars and said the inside of his house is really bad! [Wink] I don't know if he would feel offended if we would offer to help him out our not?! [Frown]
Other then that our neighborhood hasn't changed too much. It is very pretty out here with the leaves changing color. [Cool]

Lynn
Member # 8

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lynn           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sheleen, At least your fundraisers sound worthwhile. I remember when Dustin was in elementary school he had some that they sold like wrapping paper and stuff like that. Small rolls and very expensive. If they are going to make kids to these things, they need to let them sell things people like to buy. I assume the candy bars were for Boy Scouts. That is usually a big hit with people. I don't know why more groups don't sell those pizzas, they sell themselves. Hope all is well with you and your family. [Smile]

--------------------
~~~Lynn~~~

Posts: 79 | From: New London, MN 56201  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Faces

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To: