Toop.org Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Toop.org » What's Happening? » What's on your mind? » Grandma Winter on the move again

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Grandma Winter on the move again
Connie
Member # 48

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Connie           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
After giving the new apartment a try, my mother has confessed that she really doesn't like it there. She ahs not been taking advantage of the services and programs offered and for which she is paying. She plans to complete arrangements for the new place later this week. We will be recruiting movers again.
Since we pared down so much stuff before, this should not be nearly that task of the last move. We are looking at September 29. Will let everyone know when it is finalized.

Please let Vonnie or me know if you can be part of the picture.

Posts: 47 | From: Green Bay  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Vonnie
Grand Member
Member # 4

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Vonnie           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi everyone,

Yup we are moving mom again. Not too bad for living in the same apartment for 30 years.

Like Connie said, she is paying a terrible price for not doing some of the things her rent is paying for that they offer.

Connie & I think she really misses her kitchen. She always enjoyed making soup and other things. If anybody has things for in the kitchen, that you aren't using, please ask Connie or me if grandma could use it.

I am also looking at my house for extra things for Lynn. She has taken a managers job at a convenient store in Huron, SD. Dustin stayed her in Willmar with Bruce. So Bruce and Dustin will live in the house and Lynn found an apartment in Huron. Huron is about 4 hours from Willmar. Further than we thought. She is also moving into her apartment Oct 1st. The company has been paying for her motel room for the last month. They offered her a good salary if she would go and commit herself for 1 year. Her salary doesn’t in no way, cover the 96 hours she worked a week ago. The lady who was the assistant manager started managing the store when the manager left. So she quit when she didn’t get the managers job. Her daughter also quit and the 2nd week Lynn was there she had to fire the night shift lady. So that left her and 2 part time people who worked very few hours. The company has been sending 1 person to help her but with the condition the store was in when she got there she has been working at least 12 (and more sometimes) hours a day.

--------------------
Vonnie S. Toop

Posts: 1399 | From: Eau Claire, WI USA  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sheryl
Super Poster
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sheryl   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I don't know of anything that we have going on that weekend so I don't see why we couldn't help that is if it is on the 29th of September.

The only bad thing is that we weeded out a lot of our kitchen stuff when we moved in January. Let us know what she needs and we could buy it for her. Or let us know where she likes to shop and we could get her a gift card to pick out what she would like to purchase.

I hope that this will be the last time because the moving thing is getting tiring. I think after this I'll be done for many many years.... [Razz] [Frown]

--------------------
Sheryl

Posts: 3134 | From: Ramsey, MN  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Vonnie
Grand Member
Member # 4

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Vonnie           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
She is not sure yet how much she really wants. We have thought of a few things like a shower curtain. We have talked about kitchen stuff but I need to see which things I still have not unpacked that I have. I will let you know if there is anything specific that she wants and needs.

--------------------
Vonnie S. Toop

Posts: 1399 | From: Eau Claire, WI USA  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
korgecl
Member # 45

Icon 1 posted      Profile for korgecl           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I found a nice set of pots and pans at a really good price. She has been sorting some stuff. I think she is excited. I hope she does not just stay in the apt at the new place but it is hard to teach an old dog new tricks.
Posts: 53 | From: Green Bay office  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sheryl
Super Poster
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sheryl   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The moving went well. Connie did a lot before we got there, like taking all the little stuff, which help speed up the process on Saturday. We started around 10 a.m. and finished around 1 p.m.

The new place is very homey and a lot like the place she was at for 30 years. It has a lot of amenities for less of the money. We feel that it fits grandma better than the other place

--------------------
Sheryl

Posts: 3134 | From: Ramsey, MN  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
korgecl
Member # 45

Icon 1 posted      Profile for korgecl           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It has been 3 weeks since she moved in. It was a good move. The day after we moved her in, I took her grocery shopping. She bought a whole chicken, pork chops, ham for pea soup and beef for vegetable soup. She has missed cooking. This past weekend I was there for just a day. We hit the grocery store again. The bill was $165.00. She got ingredients for chocolate chip cookies and lasagna. Wouldn't you like her to be cooking at your house.
She mentioned her hip a little but the complaints of pain were minimal. The other people who live there are much more friendly and cognitively intact. She has found some items that she forgot where they were packed. (Isn't that what we all go throug with a move.)
She has sorted some more stuff as she unpacked and we made another Goodwill run this weekend.
The fact that it is about $1200 a month less is the real bonus. Good move in many ways.

Posts: 53 | From: Green Bay office  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eric
Webmaster
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eric   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sounds like grandma is home and enjoying it. Which is great

--------------------
~ Eric

Posts: 1138 | From: Ramsey, Minnesota  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Faces

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To: