Toop.org Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Toop.org » What's Happening? » What's on your mind? » Summer Vacation!

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Summer Vacation!
Eric
Webmaster
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eric   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
We are all set for our Summer vacation. Washington DC for a few days and then south to Williamsburg, VA for a week. We have our info into the White House for a tour, Thanks to Senator Franken's office. We just have to wait for the final approval now.

This will be the first flight for the kids, so they are really excited.

DC is one of those places that the kids will alway remember. Every time they see a movie with a monument in it, they will remember the trip.

I was there 12 years ago, by myself for work. It was over Memorial Weekend. Which made the trip really exciting. I walked around the National Mall, watched the motorcycle parade with all the flags waving, and then went out to Arlington Cemetery and watched President Clinton lay the wreath at the tomb of the unknown soldier and then give a speech.

I can't wait for those memories for my wife and kids.

We had hoped to be able to offer my nephew a chance to go with as well. But it would have cost too much. The price of the rental car would have doubled to get a bigger vehicle. It would have just become to costly for him. Airfare, difference to get a larger car, share in food costs, etc.... [Frown] Sorry Dustin!

--------------------
~ Eric

Posts: 1138 | From: Ramsey, Minnesota  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Faces

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To: