Toop.org Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Toop.org » What's Happening? » Jokes / Meaningful Items » Napkins

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Napkins
Sheryl
Super Poster
Member # 3

Icon 10 posted      Profile for Sheryl   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My mother taught me to read when I was three years old (her First mistake).

One day, I was in the bathroom and noticed one of the cabinet doors was
ajar. I read the box in the cabinet. I then asked my mother why she was
keeping 'napkins' in the bathroom. Didn't they belong in the kitchen??? Not wanting to burden me with unnecessary facts, she told me that those were
for "special occasions". Now fast forward a few months..... It's Thanksgiving Day, and my folks are leaving to pick up the pastor and his wife for dinner. Mom had ssignments for all of us while they were gone. Mine
was to set the table. When they returned, the pastor came in first and immediately burst into laughter. Next came his wife who gasped, then began giggling. Next came my father, who roared with laughter. Then came mom, who almost died of embarrassment when she saw each place setting on the table
with a "special occasion" napkin at each plate, with the fork carefully arranged on top. I had even tucked the little tail in so they didn't hang off the edge!!??!!. My mother asked me why I used these and, of course, my response sent the other adults into further fits of laughter. "But, Mom, you
SAID they were for special occasions!"

Take time to laugh; it's the music of the soul.

--------------------
Sheryl

Posts: 3134 | From: Ramsey, MN  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tammy
Member # 14

Icon 14 posted      Profile for Tammy   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This one is priceless! I really love this one too. Thanks for the laughs!
Posts: 108 | From: Blaine, MN, USA  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Faces

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To: