Toop.org Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Toop.org » What's Happening? » Jokes / Meaningful Items » Purpose of life

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Purpose of life
Sheleen
Grand Member
Member # 20

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sheleen           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Life is preparation for eternity.

We were made to last forever, and God wants us to be with Him in Heaven.

One day our hearts are going to stop, and that will be the end of our bodies-- but not the end of us.

God wants us to practice on earth what we will do forever in eternity. We were made by God and for God, and until you figure that out, life isn't going to make sense. Life is a series of problems: you are in one now, you're just coming out of one, or you’re getting ready to go into another one. The reason for this is that God is more interested in your character than your comfort. God is more interested in making your life holy than He is in making your life happy. We can be reasonably happy here on earth, but that's not the goal of life. The goal is to grow in character, in Christ likeness.

We may think that life has hills and valleys - you go through a dark time, then you go to the mountaintop, back and forth. Rather than life being hills and valleys, think about it like two rails on a railroad track, and at all times you have something good and something bad in your life. No matter how good things are in your life, there is always something bad that needs to be worked on.

And no matter how bad things are in your life, there is always something good you can thank God for. You can focus on your purposes, or you can focus on your problems. If you focus on your problems, you're going into self-centeredness, But one of the easiest ways to get rid of pain is to get your focus off yourself and onto God and others.

I don't think God gives you money or notoriety for your own ego or for you to live a life of ease. We need to ask ourselves: Am I going to live for possessions? Popularity? Am I going to be driven by pressures? Guilt? Bitterness? Materialism?

Or am I going to be driven by God's purposes (for my life)?

Each morning we need to pray to God, "God, if I don't get anything else done today, I want to know You and love You better." God didn't put us on earth just to fulfill a to-do list.

He's more interested in what I am than what I do. That's why we're called human beings, not human doings.

Happy moments, PRAISE GOD.

Difficult moments, SEEK GOD.

Quiet moments, WORSHIP GOD

Painful moments, TRUST GOD.

Every moment, THANK GOD.

This is beautiful food for the soul.

Posts: 1020 | From: Spicer, MN 56288  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sheryl
Super Poster
Member # 3

Icon 14 posted      Profile for Sheryl   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Awesome look at life!!! I've heard this before and I try to think of that when we are going through a bump in the road.

--------------------
Sheryl

Posts: 3134 | From: Ramsey, MN  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Vonnie
Grand Member
Member # 4

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Vonnie           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sheleen, I just saw this and read it.

It was meant for me to read today, not when you put it on the web site. Today it means so much to me. Thank you Sheleen for posting this.

With the bad times in my life right now I really have to follow what this tells me. What really stand out is "And no matter how bad things are in your life, there is always something good you can thank God for. Some times this is hard to do but it is the right thing to do.

--------------------
Vonnie S. Toop

Posts: 1399 | From: Eau Claire, WI USA  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sheleen
Grand Member
Member # 20

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sheleen           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I am glad it was bread for you today!

I read it on a daily bases to remind myself what the purpose of life is. We get into our busy lives and forget the true meaning of life.

Posts: 1020 | From: Spicer, MN 56288  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Faces

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To: