Toop.org Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Toop.org » What's Happening? » The Things They Do » A sick Maria (Page 1)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic is comprised of pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: A sick Maria
Sheryl
Super Poster
Member # 3

Icon 9 posted      Profile for Sheryl   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Last night before we went to bed around 11 p.m. we checked in on her and she was on fire. Took her temp and it was 103.8. We brought her upstairs to her old room to keep an eye on her during the night and gave her a childs tylenol. It is done to 100 this a.m. I'm staying home with her so she gets better sooner.

Plus with my voice lose it probably is good thing I stay home to...to rest my voice. Whispering is all I can do.

--------------------
Sheryl

Posts: 3134 | From: Ramsey, MN  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Shannon
Member # 19

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Shannon           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm having the same problem!! I was at work Thursday night when I started feeling terrible! With caughing way down in my chest. Sat. I'm still feeling not so great. The other day I was out in that wind that I believe where i got it.

Hope you both are getting better.

--------------------
Shannon

Posts: 533 | From: Wausau Wi USA  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sheleen
Grand Member
Member # 20

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sheleen           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Winter isn't cold enough to ward off virus this year. There have been so many sick this year, more then I remember. Our family have been very fortune don't know how that is but we will not complain. Hope our luck stays with us. No fun to be sick. Hope you are all getting better fast. Good sleep and chicken noodle soup with heal you.
Posts: 1020 | From: Spicer, MN 56288  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sheryl
Super Poster
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sheryl   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Maria was better this a.m., but after her nap this afternoon she woke up with a 102.6 temp. Her body just isn't ready to give it up. I agree it hasn't been cold enough to freeze the virus. This is only the 2nd time she was this sick this long. Last time she was 9 months old. So I'm not complaining. Just feel helpless for her. She still has her humor though...

Hope Shannon that you haven't gotten the worsest of it and that you by pass that part. I just hope that we don't get it.

Sheleen I hope you knocked on some wood when you said that...LOL! I thought that the other day because a lot of the daycare kids got it and Maria wasn't coming home with it. I was wrong!

I hope all is better soon.

--------------------
Sheryl

Eric
Webmaster
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eric   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Maria seems great tonight except for a pesky ear ache... Her and I were just laying on the couch after taking some asprin.. I think it is time to head to bed myself now

--------------------
~ Eric

Posts: 1139 | From: Ramsey, Minnesota  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sheryl
Super Poster
Member # 3

Icon 9 posted      Profile for Sheryl   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well I had thought Maria was better, but she got another fever last night, 101.3, and went to bed at 6:45 and is currently still sleeping. I'll give her another couple of minutes of sleep before I wake her. Cross your fingers that she shook this bug during the night.

--------------------
Sheryl

Sheleen
Grand Member
Member # 20

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sheleen           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
How long has this been going on? I don't know if I would let it go too much longer without having her seen. Was it any better this morning? I sure hope that it leave soon don't like to hear she isn't well.
Posts: 1020 | From: Spicer, MN 56288  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eric
Webmaster
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eric   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm sure everything is fine. Just something running around the daycare

--------------------
~ Eric

Posts: 1139 | From: Ramsey, Minnesota  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sheryl
Super Poster
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sheryl   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
We again last night she went to bed at 6:30 p.m. I got kind of worried so I took her into to see the doctor and she said that she was fine. No ear infection, just a lot of fluid in her ears which might cause some discomfort. No sore throat. We just need to give her a lot of rest and clear fluids. It just takes a little more time then we are willing to give them.

Maria has been pretty healthy so she was due for something and being that daycare kids have been fighting things she must have been run down more than usual to finally get it.

--------------------
Sheryl

Shannon
Member # 19

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Shannon           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Good to hear Maria is doing ok. I'm finally getting somewhat better-now if this cough at night will go away! I had enough nights sleeping in the recliner!! One nice thing about this cold is I lost 5lbs!

Tell Maria that A Shannon is hoping she gets all better soon.

Thanks for the postcard of Jason and Maria-cute! Jason didn't look like he was enjoying the hug!

--------------------
Shannon

Posts: 533 | From: Wausau Wi USA  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sheryl
Super Poster
Member # 3

That's what makes the picture so cute. We can tease them when they get older with it.

Glad to hear that you are feeling better. The cough is what Maria has. Last night it sounded like she slept well. Didn't hear much coughing. She took a 3 hr nap and went to be at 8 p.m. and is still sleeping. Sounds like everyone is on the road to recovery.

--------------------
Sheryl

Sheleen
Grand Member
Member # 20

How is Maria doing now? Wondering if she is much better? Must be doing good since we haven't had to much update on it anyways I am hoping it is better.
Sheryl
Super Poster
Member # 3

She is doing great. A little cough yet, but that goes away in time. It was a 3 1/2 day thing with her being sick. She handled it very well and listened to us when we told her she had to lay around not play around.

All better!

--------------------
Sheryl

Sheleen
Grand Member
Member # 20

Great to hear Maria is going good! Hate to hear when the little ones are sick. Shannon, how is your family doing? Victoria has a low grade temp and a cough. Hoping it doesn't turn into anything too bad. She hasn't missed school....yet.
Sheryl
Super Poster
Member # 3

Maria's was just a high fever for 3 days that turned into a cold & cough. We are hoping that everyone one is better soonnnnnnnnn!

--------------------
Sheryl

This topic is comprised of pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Faces

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To: