Toop.org Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Toop.org » What's Happening? » A New You » I need help guys (Page 1)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic is comprised of pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: I need help guys
Eric
Webmaster
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eric   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The last 2 days I've been down in the dumps.

I'm trying to watch what I eat....but getting no where. My close are slowly getting tigher and I just keep hoping it is because of washing them.

I need to get off my Butt and exercise.

I know that...but there just doesn't seem to be enough time in the day...

--------------------
~ Eric

Posts: 1139 | From: Ramsey, Minnesota  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sheryl
Super Poster
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sheryl   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Honey, I don't know if any one of us can help you, because we all have the same struggles as you do.

I think you have an understanding of how to go about it, but you need to want it bad enough so that you don't find excuses not to exercise or to eat the correct foods.

It gets harder as we get older, because your metabolism changes and slows down. So what we could eat years ago and not gain isn't something we can eat now and expect to do the same unless we exercise along with it.

Just a few thoughts. Sorry if it isn't the answer you were looking for.

--------------------
Sheryl

Posts: 3134 | From: Ramsey, MN  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eric
Webmaster
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eric   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I know.... I was basically just venting my frustration. So that others can know that it isn't hard for just them!

--------------------
~ Eric

Posts: 1139 | From: Ramsey, Minnesota  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sheryl
Super Poster
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sheryl   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
When you title it "I need help guys" Sounds to me like you are reaching out for help and venting your frustration with it all. sorry

--------------------
Sheryl

Shannon
Member # 19

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Shannon           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Eric, I've found that Weight Watchers is a good program just to get a start and idea of what to look for in foods. I have lost and have kept it off. I just need to do alittle better with doing it right to the T,to lose some more. It is a struggle for all and it takes the right time to do. And that time is when you are ready and willing to do it. Atleast that's what I've come to realize for myself. If I am not willing I can just forget about it. Best of luck to everyone that's in the same boat as some of us.

--------------------
Shannon

Posts: 533 | From: Wausau Wi USA  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sheryl
Super Poster
Member # 3

I agree, Shannon. A friend of mine is taking her daughter to Weight Watchers and so she is doing it with her so that they can incorporate it in to there life style. She gave us a copy of the book and I'm giving it a try just counting the points to see if I eat with in my limits. It is actually much easier than I remembered when another one of my old co-workers was on it.

I have my bad days, but more good than bad.

--------------------
Sheryl

Shannon
Member # 19

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Shannon           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Don't we all have good days and bad days but just get back on it. I've lsot about 12lbs but the thing is,for the number of bad days I didn't gain any back. I've decided to do it on my own just b/c I don't have the time to go and get weighed,besides Jason is not happy about going with me. I know what I need to do so all it is that I got to do it.

Ryan had the right spirit yeasterday. In the past he's been on this kick about whiching his weight and I had noticed He was eatting too much junk food lately that I mention to him he better not eat to much of that junk food or you'll get fat. His reply was,"So what",I want to look like Eric"LOL Ryan can go to the extrem,one way or the other. One day he is concern about eatting and the next it doesn't matter. So Eric now you know, you're liked the way you are!!

[ April 19, 2001: Message fixed by: we5andjj ]

--------------------
Shannon

Posts: 533 | From: Wausau Wi USA  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SCARLSON
Beginning Poster
Member # 17

Icon 14 posted      Profile for SCARLSON           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi Eric Just a thought I know how difficult it is and expecially when you have kids you have to have time for them after work with dinner and baths ext. I was having the same problem. Try getting up early and working out before work I started getting up at 3:30 and at first it sucked but my body got used to it and now its great I have energy all day and plenty of time after work for the kids and going rollerblading or bike riding if its nice out. You dont need to do it everyday just 3 or 4 times a week helps. Good luck you can do it.
Sharon
Forum Regular
Member # 15

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sharon   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I don't know who scarlson is but I have been going to suggest the same thought but just haven't had time. But exericing 25 to 30 min. every other day in the morning gives your metabolism a jump start in the morning and you keep it going during the day with your daily activity. Its your metabolism that burns the fat and helps you loose.

I get up at 4:30am and excerise 30min. on my tread mill. One of the important things to do is to stretch your leg muscles first or you will be sorry when you grow older. You won't be able to excerise like you will need to when you are older.

I truly feel that the treadmill is the best excerise to do. And lift weights. You will burn fat off with the excerise on the treadmill and build muscles with lifting weights.

I know its hard but as Sheryl has said that when you get older it gets harder. And now is the time to start and keep it up.

Good luck !!!

--------------------
Sharon Kay

Posts: 211 | From: Rochester, MN 55902  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Connie Korger
Member # 9

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Connie Korger           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have struggled forever with the same issue. I can tell you without any question that the exercise is the key. Don't get carried away. Work into it. It takes 20 minutes to walk a mile at my age and weight. Try it. 4 days a week. Plan what time you are going to do it. Work other stuff around your plan. If you exercise when you have time it is too easy to put off. Right now is is light early and dark late so you have a great time of the year to establish your habit. Makes sure you have comfortable walking shoes.
Posts: 194 | From: Green Bay, WI,USA  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Connie Korger
Member # 9

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Connie Korger           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
By the way, if you are interest in some Weight Watcher recipes with points I have lots that were created by people in the class I used to go to. I'll put one on the hungry thread.
Posts: 194 | From: Green Bay, WI,USA  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sheryl
Super Poster
Member # 3

Yes, please do post those recipes.

--------------------
Sheryl

Sheryl
Super Poster
Member # 3

10 lbs! I lost 10 lbs. It was because I had the flu this weekend. But that is how much I lost. Now I just need to cut back on my intake. Read the Weight Watchers guide, get additional recipes from Connie. And I'll be off and running losing in no time.!!!!

--------------------
Sheryl

Stacy
Forum Regular
Member # 27

Icon 5 posted      Profile for Stacy   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I thought it was Eric who had the flu this weekend!? Did you have the flu too? or did Eric sign in under your name? I'm confused
Posts: 417 | From: Mpls  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sheryl
Super Poster
Member # 3

That was Eric talking and forgot to log me off....LOL It was Eric that was sick not me. Sorry that my husband confused you... LOL

--------------------
Sheryl

This topic is comprised of pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Faces

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To: