Toop.org Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Toop.org » What's Happening? » A New You » Walking

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Walking
Sheryl
Super Poster
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sheryl   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
A couple of days last week we did some walking with the few days that we did have some warm weather.

It felt good to get out and stretch your legs, but did it cause my tummy to be soooooooo hard that I thought at times this baby was going to start coming..... [Surprised Smiley]

I'm thinking that I might start doing that next week to see if it will really come. I want to wait until after Maria's b-day so that they can have seperate days for their birthdays.

--------------------
Sheryl

Posts: 3134 | From: Ramsey, MN  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eric
Webmaster
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eric   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well I started to do my walking again today. I was coming back from someone elses desk when Tammy and Coleen stopped me and asked if I wanted to go with. So I said I would love to.

We walked down to the farmers market and walked around there for a little bit and then walked back. I'll have to go there each Thursday... really nice fruits, Vegies, and lots of other things.

When we took the skyway back I found a branch of my bank that I never knew was down there. I'll have to start walking to this branch now, instead of driving to the other!

It was good to get out and walk. They go just about everyday I guess at 11:30am. It should be good for me [Smile]

--------------------
~ Eric

Posts: 1139 | From: Ramsey, Minnesota  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sheryl
Super Poster
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sheryl   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Good to hear and hope that the weather is good that you can do that more often. Nice to have people to do it with, also.

Sad to say that I didn't take advantage of the good days to go for walks. I listened to the doctors and nurses...."sleep when he sleeps" And I did just that.

Now that I'm going back to work it will help that at my 15 min breaks that we will be taking advantage of those good days. Probably the a.m. breaks once it gets to warm outdoors.

--------------------
Sheryl

Eric
Webmaster
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eric   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I felt good all day yesterday.... but this morning at 2:30am when I got up with Hayden... I jumped out of bed and just about hit the floor. I hurt to stand...and then walk to get him before he got too upset [Smile]

Still good to know I did the walking yesterday. Today on coworker brought in Donuts and another brought in muffins. I declined both. I need to start loseing some wait and I have to start somewhere. I'm also stopping my pop drinking. I finished my last coke in my coworkers frig and told him I was going to try not to buy any from him (25 cents).

Wish me luck!

--------------------
~ Eric

Posts: 1139 | From: Ramsey, Minnesota  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Shannon
Member # 19

Icon 10 posted      Profile for Shannon           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
[Big Grin] [Big Grin] [Cry Smiley] [Big Grin] I about died laughing!! I just could picture what it was like for you!! ha ha ha(you need i laughing icon!) [Wink]

I was thinking to myself(before reading all your posting)how it would be nice if you could find someone to walk with that always help b/c your depending on each other to go for a walk. Good deal!

Ice tea is good. I just saw something that would be great to have. It's a cooler container that sets on the counter/desk where you pour yourself a cold drink-water,ice tea etc. Good luck!!

--------------------
Shannon

Posts: 533 | From: Wausau Wi USA  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eric
Webmaster
Member # 2

I was sick and worked from home on Tuesday and Wednesday.

And today I wanted to gather up my energy since I had been sick. So I haven't done much walking this week. [Frown]

How is everyone else doing this summer day?

--------------------
~ Eric

Sheryl
Super Poster
Member # 3

A few of my co-workers and I have been walking every a.m. break for 15 mins. that it hasn't been raining on. [Thumbs Up]

We only do the a.m. because at the afternoon break it is too warm and it is very uncomfortable to sit at your desk after sweating. Yuk.... [Thumbs Down]

It feels good to get out and stretch your legs. [Cool] [Thumbs Up]

--------------------
Sheryl

Sheleen
Grand Member
Member # 20

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sheleen           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Good for you, Sheryl! Great for your heart! Sara and I, also, take a morning 15 min walk. It feels great to get out like you said. Helps clear the mind and makes you fresh coming back to your work! [Thumbs Up] [Cool]

Keep it up it'll help you greatly in the long run!

Posts: 1020 | From: Spicer, MN 56288  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Faces

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To: