Toop.org Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Toop.org » Healthier Living » Landscaping, Gardening, & Other Spring Activities » Helped out Mom Toop

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Helped out Mom Toop
Sheryl
Super Poster
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sheryl   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yesterday we helped Vonnie mow, trim, plant and Eric built her a fence by her garbage to block it from the street. Now her yard looks nice and fresh. Something that we feel that she wouldn't have been able to do with out our help being that she just recently had surgery on her knee and when she over does it the old knee gives her problems. So a good task done for her. Glad that we could be there to help her out.

--------------------
Sheryl

Posts: 3134 | From: Ramsey, MN  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Vonnie
Grand Member
Member # 4

Icon 7 posted      Profile for Vonnie           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thank you Eric and Sheryl for all the work you did yesterday and today (Saturday and Sunday). I had gotten behind and it would have taken me weeks to do what you guys got done in 2 days. I will have to try and keep things kept up more so when you come you don't have to do so much work. I really do appreicate it though because somethings I just can't do on my own any more. (age, knees etc)

I never got to go see the buffalo or go to Spicer to see Bill and Sheleens building project.

I forgot to give you more snow on the mountain. As most of you know, I gave Eric and Sheryl Hosta's, mini rose bushes and some other flower for their new landscaping. But guess what, Sheryl was mowing and cut off one of my new plants LOL. She was being soooo careful and all of a sudden we heard her say "OH NO". Eric put up a white picket fence around my deck so this hopefully woulnd't happen again. I stated out with 4 of these plants. My grandson broke off one with his basketball so Eric & Sheryl replaced that one with one of the 2 I gave them. Now she is talking about bringing the other one back to replace the one she broke. But Sheryl, that isn't necessary. Keep the one you have and get it planted. Maybe I wasn't suppose to plant them where I did.
They also cleaned out one of my storage sheds. That was also a big job. The 2 of them threw a few things away that I wouldn't have but as they say, I have to get rid of some of my things. I know they are right but it is hard. They are doing everything for all the right reasons! For a number of years I was the one that was telling Eric what he could have and couldn't, and now he is telling me. LOL (All in good faith for my good though)

--------------------
Vonnie S. Toop

Posts: 1399 | From: Eau Claire, WI USA  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sheryl
Super Poster
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sheryl   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Vonnie....you didn't have to tell them I did that! I really felt bad, but you will be getting the other one back not just because of that, but because you need it more than we for the privacy that you were saying that you think they will give you when your neighbor moves out.

Sorry that we work you so hard and hope that your knees are doing better. I know that it was bothering you. Next time set down and relax when I tell you to, because I would rather help you out then sit around not doing nothing. And we don't mind doing it for you if it stays the way you have expressed to us that you want it to be, rather than the way it has been.

We didn't throw out anything that you didn't want to it is just that it is hard as you get older to throw out things when you know how much things cost, but when it is cluttering you out of your space what use is it to you then? Just trying to help you eliminate things so you have more room for you and not more stuff.

--------------------
Sheryl

Vonnie
Grand Member
Member # 4

Icon 10 posted      Profile for Vonnie           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Once again Thank You Eric and Sheryl for all you did. You will be real proud of me because I DID NOT look in any of the garbage cans to take anything out.

You don't have to give me that plant back. I think you know I was not upset at all when you mowed over my plant. LOL I just mentioned it because you were trying to be so careful and it still happened. No big deal!

I know that everything you guys throw you are just trying to help me get rid of stuff.

--------------------
Vonnie S. Toop

Posts: 1399 | From: Eau Claire, WI USA  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
dana rae
Member # 12

Icon 1 posted      Profile for dana rae           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That stuff is boring...yuck, but if you like ding it go ahead..that just emans I dont have to!

--------------------
~!*Dana Rae*!~

Posts: 91 | From: willmar  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sheryl
Super Poster
Member # 3

Oh someday you will Dana. Just like you like to watch HGTV where they have trading places, kitchen ideas, house ideas and anything on HGTV that deals with houses. You said that your friends did understand why you liked it....well now you understand why they would say that when you say that about plants....

--------------------
Sheryl

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Faces

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To: