Toop.org Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Toop.org » Parenting » Expecting... » Kelly and Nathan

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Kelly and Nathan
Vonnie
Grand Member
Member # 4

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Vonnie           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I am very sorry to have to say this, but Kelly and Nathan have lost their baby. (Or in the process of losing it)

Kelly and Nathan, you have my sympathy of your lose. I know how hard it is to finally decide to have a baby and than lose it.

For everyone who is reading this, Kelly and Nathan (Eric's cousin) who were expecting the same time that Eric & Sheryl are, received word this week that their baby does not have a heart beat. She was 12 weeks along but altra sound showed the baby was only 6 weeks old.

Some time when you feel like talking Kelly, Sheryl and I will share with you about us also losing a baby.

I just thought because we have been talking so much about the 2 babies coming at the same time, that all of you who read this should know what is happening.

Think about you, Aunt Vonnie

[ October 19, 2002, 12:00 PM: Message fixed by: Vonnie ]

--------------------
Vonnie S. Toop

Posts: 1399 | From: Eau Claire, WI USA  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sheryl
Super Poster
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sheryl   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
We are, also, very sad to have heard the news. We were so excited to have you to experience this along with us.

Here is something that someone shared with me this week when I told them that you had lost your baby... Your body knew something wasn't going right with the pregnancy so it had to do this. It was your body's natural defense against something going really wrong." This is also what my doctor had told me when I had miscarried my fist baby and it was very comforting to think of it that way.

This might be encouraging to know that when I miscarried it was three weeks later I ended up pregnant with Maria. I didn't know that until I was 8 weeks along, but was amazed I was pregnant so soon afterwards.

Our thoughts and prayers are with you.

--------------------
Sheryl

Posts: 3134 | From: Ramsey, MN  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Stacy
Forum Regular
Member # 27

Icon 9 posted      Profile for Stacy   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm sorry that you have to go through this experience also. It's not an easy thing to go through. When your ready, it's a good thing to talk about it to others.

I know my sister-in-law went through it and it wasn't a pleasant experience. Just remember -your in our thoughts and one day you'll be able to put this behind you.

I like a thought that Denny's cousin said when she found out that her unborn baby girl has spinal bifida (not sure if I spelt that right). The baby will be paralized from the waist down and possibly need to have a brain shunt put in after she's born. - she said "If God didn't think I could handle this, he wouldn't have made me go through it" And the wonderful thing about it - the whole family (including aunts, uncles, cousin, ect) are willing to help them out. It just kind of warms your heart, doesn't it?

Well, Kelly - I hope all goes well for you. And remember, your in our thoughts and prayers.

Posts: 417 | From: Mpls  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eric
Webmaster
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eric   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I don't know why I haven't posted under this topic until now. [Frown] I have done a lot of personal praying on this matter. They are in my thoughts a lot of my day.

I just feel so sad about this whole thing. I am happy that everything is going well for Sheryl and I. But then I think about Kelly and Nathan and how we won't both be pregnant at the same time during the holidays.

I don't know how to act.... I'm going to be excited and want to tell people at Grandma's about what we have been going through.... Then on the other hand I don't want to make them sad at the same time.

I know how excited I am about us having a baby.. that I can't even imagine how I would feel if tomorrow I was told it wasn't going to happen. [Frown]

It is hard... I'm happy and sad at the same time... it makes my heart feel like it is being pulled in a milltion directions at the same time [Frown]

Does anyone have any advice for me?

[ October 28, 2002, 11:25 AM: Message fixed by: Eric ]

--------------------
~ Eric

Posts: 1139 | From: Ramsey, Minnesota  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pappy
Member # 37

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pappy           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Eric
The best advice is the PRAY that it will be born healthy all it`s fingers,toes,eye,hears. That will give you the best peace of mind.

--------------------
Jeff

Posts: 12 | From: Wausau ,Wi  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sheleen
Grand Member
Member # 20

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sheleen           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
YA! I can see what you are talking about, Eric. I feel for you all. [Frown]

I don't believe that Nate and Kelly expect you not to say anything but maybe just go lighter when you're with them.

Keep in mind experiences like these are what make us stronger.

Nate and Kelly you've been on my mind alot these days, also. It isn't an easy time for you but remember this isn't the end. There will be a day that you will be blessed with little ones.

Good luck to all of you!

Posts: 1020 | From: Spicer, MN 56288  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sheryl
Super Poster
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sheryl   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Even though Kelly & Nate are feeling the pain of losing their baby I know that they wouldn't want us to suppress our feelings about our baby. That is one thing about Kelly & Nate that I'm almost sure of.

These are things that they or we don't have any control of. All the feelings that they are feeling and we are feeling are normal feelings of grieving/rejoicing. I love Stacy thought on this..."If God didn't think I could handle this, he wouldn't have made me go through it"

Sheleen's advise is also very important....Keep in mind experiences like these are what make us stronger. This a very good statement, because that is how I feel and felt about when I went through a miscarriage, discovering I was pregnant for the 2nd time and then a divorce with in a 3 month span. Even though at the time it felt literally like hell I came through it a stronger person.

God does not give us more than he feels we can handle. Praying and trusting in God that what does happen is for a reason. Don't question "why me?" ask "why not me?"

Kelly & Nate you are in our thoughts daily and hope you find strength in God during this difficult time.

[ October 29, 2002, 11:34 AM: Message fixed by: Sheryl ]

--------------------
Sheryl

Stacy
Forum Regular
Member # 27

Icon 7 posted      Profile for Stacy   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
If it was me, I'd be including them in on everything during your pregnancy (unless Kelly is really taking it hard). Make them apart of this pregnancy. I know when Denise went through it, Brianna was born shortly after and Denise spent alot of time with Brianna - holding her and being with her at the ICU unit. It also helped her decide that she wanted to work in the Neonatal unit instead of with ICU patients.
Connie Korger
Member # 9

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Connie Korger           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Kelly is already talking about getting pregnant again. They are talking about whether to go with the same name choices next time.
Two of Kelly's best friends are pregnant and due within a month or two of the date she had expected. She is surrounded and does not want her experience to keep anyone from enjoying their own special time.

Posts: 194 | From: Green Bay, WI,USA  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Stacy
Forum Regular
Member # 27

Icon 14 posted      Profile for Stacy   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Wonderful! I'm glad she is already thinking about the next pregnancy. She sounds like a very strong person.

Let us know when she expecting . . . we'll be very happy for her & Nathan. [Big Grin]

Sheryl
Super Poster
Member # 3

I'm glad to her your spirits have lifted Kelly & Nate. [Cool] We are thinking of you and would like to come visit. Let us know if you would be home sometime this weekend.

--------------------
Sheryl

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Faces

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To: