Toop.org Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Toop.org » Parenting » Expecting... » Uncomfortable...

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Uncomfortable...
Sheryl
Super Poster
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sheryl   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have a hard time breathing whether I lie down, sit up or recline. I was up most of the night trying to find a comfortable spot. First in bed, then in the recliner, then the couch then back in bed. On top of that whatever I ate didn't agree with my tummy so in between all that positioning I was sitting on the pot. (not that you wanted to visiualize that.... [Wink] ) Sorry... [Frown]

A little on the uncomfortable side. If this keeps up I'll ask the doctor what I can to get around it or what is up.

--------------------
Sheryl

Posts: 3134 | From: Ramsey, MN  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eric
Webmaster
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eric   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Poor girl only sleeps a little bit at a time. She just keeps tossing and turning.

I wish there was something more I could do then massage her [Frown]

--------------------
~ Eric

Posts: 1139 | From: Ramsey, Minnesota  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Vonnie
Grand Member
Member # 4

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Vonnie           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I am sure you are trying your hardest to make her comfortable. Some times other people can't do anything to help.

Did you sleep better the last 2 night Sheryl?

--------------------
Vonnie S. Toop

Posts: 1399 | From: Eau Claire, WI USA  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sheryl
Super Poster
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sheryl   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I've been sleeping better, but for sure not like I use to. The extra weight makes me uncomfortable and it is hard to find a comfortable spot to sleep. I'm up at least 2 times a night going to the bathroom..the baby must sit right on top of it. [Eek!]

This all will pass with time. I at least know that it isn't forever.... [Thumbs Up]

--------------------
Sheryl

Sheleen
Grand Member
Member # 20

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sheleen           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Which is a good thing! [Wink] Can you imagen it always being like that forever? [Cry Smiley]

Our lamaze mother told us (12 1/2 yrs ago) just remember this is not a termal illness it will be over! [Thumbs Up]

[Frown] I really feel for you, Sheryl. I felt like that with Victoria it isn't a fun feeling. [Frown]

Posts: 1020 | From: Spicer, MN 56288  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sharon
Forum Regular
Member # 15

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sharon   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You poor girl. I don't ever remember feeling like that. Not even when I gained 84 lbs with you girls. I always thought I felt better when I was pg. (Can't spell pregrent.) heheh

I do remember when I was pg I had to always hold my arms up in order to breath. That seemed to help. Do you sleep on your side. That ought to take the weight off of you for a while.

Wish I could think of some thing to help you but as Vonnie said you can only try things and hope for the time to go quickly. Good luck.

--------------------
Sharon Kay

Posts: 211 | From: Rochester, MN 55902  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Shannon
Member # 19

Icon 7 posted      Profile for Shannon           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What helped me was putting a pillow under the knee that I laid on and one between my legs. I even slepted in a water bed with all my 3 pgs! [Big Grin] Try getting out of that! ha ha [Razz] I love my waterbed!! [Thumbs Up]

--------------------
Shannon

Posts: 533 | From: Wausau Wi USA  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sheryl
Super Poster
Member # 3

Thank you everyone for your thoughts and concerns.... [Cool]

Yes I sleep on my side and very rarely on my back because it makes it worse. I've tried the pillow technique and I still can't get comfortable.

Last night I believe I fell asleep on the couch around 7:15 then when to bed around 8:30 slept until 1:30 a.m. went to the bathroom then right back to bed and slept until the alarm went off. It felt good and I felt refreshed so I must have had a good night.

I really feel that the baby is either kicking me near the lungs or is in a position that causes my lungs to be a little more squeezed then normal.

Temporary, Temporary, Temporary, Temporary..... [Thumbs Up]

--------------------
Sheryl

Stacy
Forum Regular
Member # 27

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Stacy   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I had the same problem with all 3 of my pregnancies. The baby is laying on your lungs or a testine that cuts off the air circulation. Dr. said there wasn't anything to do until the baby moved. [Mad] It was uncomfortable.

He's probably getting you ready for the fun he's going to give you once he's here! LOL [Wink]

Not much time left. It will go fast so like you say . . . temporary, temporary, temporary!

Posts: 417 | From: Mpls  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eric
Webmaster
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eric   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Remember we are talking hypothetically that it is a HE

--------------------
~ Eric

Posts: 1139 | From: Ramsey, Minnesota  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Stacy
Forum Regular
Member # 27

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Stacy   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hypothetical, guys cause alot of problems so it must be a HE!! (hee!hee! Just kidding) [Roll Eyes] [Eek!]
Posts: 417 | From: Mpls  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eric
Webmaster
Member # 2

My poor girl.....

Last night wasn't a good night for her at all... but it wasn't because of the baby... it was because of Maria [Smile] [Big Grin]

We went to bed at 10pm and I thought I saw the light on... I went to check it out..because I didn't think it could have been a car light shingin in the hallway....

As I got in the living room the light in the entry way came on... Maria was just standing there. I picked her up...asked her if everything wask okay... she said Yeah. Took her potty and then....tucked her into bed.

Well that was all Sheryl needed to get her mind a spinning. She kept dreaming about Maria wandering the house at night.... and apparently Maria had let in 4 cats in the house.. just in her room (remember this is in Sheryl's Mind)

So of course Sheryl had to get up.....TWICE to make sure it was a dream. LOL

She told Maria about the cats this morning and got back "Mom I didn't have any cats"

--------------------
~ Eric

Connie Korger
Member # 9

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Connie Korger           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Later in my pregnancy with Tania and Kelly, one kicked me in the ribs and the other kicked by bladder. Being kicked in the ribs is uncomfortable but at least it doesn't make you wet your pants.
You can say all you want, Eric. We all know it is a boy.

[ January 12, 2003, 03:08 PM: Message fixed by: Connie Korger ]

Posts: 194 | From: Green Bay, WI,USA  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sheryl
Super Poster
Member # 3

I not getting the lose of breath much anymore. I'm hoping that was just a a flook thing. I do get it at random. Not like I was a week ago. [Cool] [Thumbs Up]

I'm actually pretty comfortable. I do have my frequent walks to the bathroom, but that is all normal. I'm having a hard time imagining myself getting any bigger. I don't think my skin can go that much further.... [Eek!]

15 weeks to go....wow that is coming fast.

I agree with you Connie he should just give it up and accept the fact we are right. It is going to be a BOY! [Wink] [Big Grin] He has started calling it a he..... [Smile] Now I better be right or I'll not hear the end of it.... [Eek!]

--------------------
Sheryl

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Faces

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To: