Toop.org Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Toop.org » Parenting » Expecting... » Over joyed..

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Over joyed..
Eric
Webmaster
Member # 2

Icon 6 posted      Profile for Eric   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My wife just called me to tell me that our baby has the hiccups.... so it is starting to learn how to breath!!!!

How cool! [Big Grin]

--------------------
~ Eric

Posts: 1139 | From: Ramsey, Minnesota  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Vonnie
Grand Member
Member # 4

Icon 10 posted      Profile for Vonnie           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks for the information. I had no idea that babies got the hiccups and that was part of their learning how to breath. You would never realize I am a mother because I never was told or read this stuff. (30 & 35 years ago they probably didn't even have books that told you stuff like this. I am sure they never even knew some of this stuff back than.)

Keep us informed. [Rose]

--------------------
Vonnie S. Toop

Posts: 1399 | From: Eau Claire, WI USA  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sheryl
Super Poster
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sheryl   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yup, he/she had the hiccups. It feels like a steady pulse until he/she gets a little bigger then it'll feels like a real live hicup. I remember this with Maria. [Thumbs Up] [Cool]

Yes, they do know a lot more then they did 30 some years ago. Times have changed and they're people who make it their career to find out more about it. Give us 30 years and they'll have even better technology to learn more about babies. [Light Bulb]

Yesterday I felt the baby had dropped a bit. I didn't think nothing of it and didn't say nothing until 3 co-workers came up to me and said it looked like I had. Then when they said that I knew I had. I have more room to breath, but now spend more time in the bathroom.... [Roll Eyes] I would rather breath!! (just a few changes)

[ February 01, 2003, 06:32 AM: Message fixed by: Sheryl ]

--------------------
Sheryl

Posts: 3134 | From: Ramsey, MN  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Connie Korger
Member # 9

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Connie Korger           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I know babies get hiccups before they are born but I don't think it has anything to do with learning to breathe. The baby is not breathing now because Sheryl is doing it and providing the oxygen to the baby and removing any waste chemicals. The baby's lungs don't expand until birth.
Posts: 194 | From: Green Bay, WI,USA  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Stacy
Forum Regular
Member # 27

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Stacy   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ha! ha! poor little one. Getting the hiccups and not able to do anything about it. [Frown] I hate when I get the hiccups! [Mad] But it does sound funny that he/she has the hiccups.

I remember when my kids had the hiccups too when they were still in the womb. It can be distracting to the mom too [Confused]

Thanks for sharing! [Big Grin]

Posts: 417 | From: Mpls  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eric
Webmaster
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eric   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Actually this is what we have been reading on the internet. The baby isn't breathing air but the amniotic fluid.

Chalk up any rhythmic movement you may be feeling to a case of the hiccups, which are common this week and throughout the pregnancy. Your baby has them, but is breathing in amniotic fluid rather than air. A paper bag can't cure her hiccups, obviously, but an episode usually lasts only momentarily. Besides, it may feel like a belly tickle, so enjoy.

This was for week 27. This is what we got from babycenter.com It is amazing how close it is to us... Sheryl can comment about felling a certain way and within a couple of days we get a new email from them telling us what to expect. Sheryl will say "Yup that is what I'm feeling" Pretty amazing there are all these resources out there these days.

I like reading up on it all. I feel I'm pretting involved with this [Smile]

--------------------
~ Eric

Posts: 1139 | From: Ramsey, Minnesota  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sheleen
Grand Member
Member # 20

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sheleen           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Very interesting! Thanks for sharing this information with us. [Light Bulb]

I do remember our kids getting the hiccups before birth.

Posts: 1020 | From: Spicer, MN 56288  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Faces

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To: