Toop.org Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Toop.org » Parenting » Expecting... » Name the baby

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Name the baby
Connie Korger
Member # 9

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Connie Korger           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think it is time to start on names for this baby. Not really a contest but everyone gets 2 boys names and 2 girls names. If there is significance to the name, tell us. Sheryl and Eric probably have some names in mind but we could give them some help. Sheryl and Eric, please try to refrain from reacting to the suggestions.

I have to give a little thought to my own suggestions.

Posts: 194 | From: Green Bay, WI,USA  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Vonnie
Grand Member
Member # 4

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Vonnie           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This sounds like fun. Okay everyone lets get started. [Big Grin]

Here I go: my first choice for a girls name would be

Amanda Sue

I have always loved that name and wanted a girl with that name, but my kids father didn't feel the same way. Yes I would nickname her Mandy. I love that name. (Sue of course because it is my middle name) [Wink]

I have to think about others.

[ February 20, 2003, 08:13 PM: Message fixed by: Vonnie ]

--------------------
Vonnie S. Toop

Posts: 1399 | From: Eau Claire, WI USA  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Stacy
Forum Regular
Member # 27

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Stacy   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Mmmmmmm ...where did I put that baby's name book!! I'm going to have to think on this for a while. [Big Grin]
Posts: 417 | From: Mpls  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Stacy
Forum Regular
Member # 27

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Stacy   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Okay here's a couple of names we can up with:

BOY:

Tip (short for Thomas) Toop [Wink]
Tate Allen Toop [Razz]

Okay, on the serious side!! That was just a little humor [Eek!]

Girl:
Andrea Kay - Brianna
Courtland Lynn - Stacy

Boy:
Peyton Allen
Landon John

Couldn't decide on one name for a boy.

Of course this is all in fun! Doesn't mean you have to use any! [Big Grin]

Brianna came up with Andrea Kay. [Star]

We had Daniel Les for Alex but my sister-in-law had her son first and had Daniel Luke picked out for their son. Oh well, AKA also known as Alex Keith Auld was a much better fit!! [Roll Eyes] [Big Grin]

[ February 21, 2003, 08:01 PM: Message fixed by: Stacy ]

Sheryl
Super Poster
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sheryl   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This is all in fun. It is interesting the names you've picked out. We've already got our names picked out we just got to get serious on agreeing on one.

Connie...where's the names you've thought of?

--------------------
Sheryl

Posts: 3134 | From: Ramsey, MN  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Connie Korger
Member # 9

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Connie Korger           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I tend to go toward traditional names. I like some that have already been suggested.

Boy - Matthew Eric
Benjamin James (B.J.)
Girl - Elizabeth Ann (Betsy, Beth, Lizzie)
Mackenzie Sue
This was harder than I expected.

Posts: 194 | From: Green Bay, WI,USA  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sheryl
Super Poster
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sheryl   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
LOL....it is and to have two people agree on it is even harder.

What is the significance of the names you all chose? I see Vonnie's but not Stacy's or Connie's.

I like names you can't change. I like names that will only be that name that you can called your child. Like Maria...you can't shorten it or no substitute for it.

I'm like some of these names... [Thumbs Up]

[ February 22, 2003, 12:15 PM: Message fixed by: Sheryl ]

--------------------
Sheryl

Posts: 3134 | From: Ramsey, MN  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sheleen
Grand Member
Member # 20

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sheleen           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
How about.....

Trenton Jordan BOY

Never was good at coming up with girls names we were glad to have Victoria Kay

Posts: 1020 | From: Spicer, MN 56288  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Connie Korger
Member # 9

Nothing significant about the names I picked except middle names, Eric and Sue, for the dad and the grandma.

[ February 23, 2003, 08:20 PM: Message fixed by: Connie Korger ]

Stacy
Forum Regular
Member # 27

Brianna liked the name Andrea when we were looking up baby names and Kay is her middle name and Gr. Sharon's middle name. And I like the name Courtland and Lynn is your middle name. [Big Grin]

The boys names I just like and the middle names I just thought up that sounded like it went well together because I didn't know what Eric's middle name was or his dad's or his grandpa's. [Smile]

It will be fun to finally know what you two have picked out when the time comes. [Cool] [Big Grin]

dana rae
Member # 12

Icon 1 posted      Profile for dana rae           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I say
LANDON also if it is a boy...I love that name!
Or Jordan...
Or steven....it's a clasic.

If it is a girl...(accually dont steal these this is what I'm gunna name my kids...you can alter them tho...hehe j/k do whatever... )

ELIZIBETH ANNE MARIE...it's adorable...
Sophie
Alexia
Samatha

Or how about DANA after her wonderfull and amazing COUSIN!!!!! [Smile] J/K

DONT NAME IT ASHLEY....it's a very cute name but TOTALY overused. GOOD LUCK!

--------------------
~!*Dana Rae*!~

Posts: 91 | From: willmar  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Faces

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To: