Toop.org Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Toop.org » Parenting » Expecting... » Birthing Classes

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Birthing Classes
Eric
Webmaster
Member # 2

Icon 6 posted      Profile for Eric   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well Sheryl and I had classes on Friday (6-9) and Saturday (8-4). We learned about drugs, breathing, relaxing, having the baby, care for newborns, etc..... We also got a tour of the baby floor. They only had 1 birthing room open.

At Mercy Hospital they have started where you are in one room for labor and another for recover. They had to start doing that again I guess because of the floor space...and also so you can rest and not hear someone else scream!

I learned a lot. Sheryl also learned some, but she had gone through the classes before. She was the only one in class that had gone through birth before. So the teacher would use her as an example and ask her questions. Sheryl's first class was for a couple of hours a week for 6 weeks. She said she like this crash course better... you don't have time to forget before the next class.

Only a short time left.... I can't wait.... I CAN wait for the moments of seeing Sheryl in Pain... but I can't wait for that small bundle of joy to be here!

--------------------
~ Eric

Posts: 1138 | From: Ramsey, Minnesota  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Vonnie
Grand Member
Member # 4

Icon 3 posted      Profile for Vonnie           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
At first I read it as "I can't wait to see Sheryl in pain..." [Confused] I thought, that doesn't sound like Eric. So I went back and read it as it really said. I CAN wait for the moments of seeing Sheryl in Pain... but I can't wait for that small bundle of joy to be here! That made more sense. [Smile]

I wish they had those classes when I had my kids. You surely understand more of what is going on than I ever did.

Time is getting shorter and than the scary part of more responsiiblity and extra work will start for the 2 of you. [Cry Smiley]

--------------------
Vonnie S. Toop

Posts: 1399 | From: Eau Claire, WI USA  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sheryl
Super Poster
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sheryl   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm looking forward to the Epiadheral.... [Smile] [Wink]

I did learn a lot more, but noticed that I was much more comfortable with all the exercises that we were doing just because I've done it before. When you've had one all modesty doesn't matter to you anymore. The comfort is what you are looking forward to. I remember when I was pregnant with Maria that I was uncomfortable with all those things. So that is kind of more relaxing for me this time. [Cool]

I do know that the bath and shower I loved with Maria. I did find out this weekend that I like the physical therapy ball. I'm thinking we will try that along with a lot more walking. [Light Bulb]

I'm scared of the pain, but I just have to remember what the results will be from the pain...a little being of the two of us. [Cool] [Thumbs Up]

--------------------
Sheryl

Posts: 3134 | From: Ramsey, MN  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Stacy
Forum Regular
Member # 27

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Stacy   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Just remember the pain is only for a short while and then you'll have the joys of holding that bundle of joy.

It's a good thing the pain only last for a while or there wouldn't be to many people in this world today 'cause we would all stop having them! LOL

Things will go fine. Think positive! [Big Grin]

Posts: 417 | From: Mpls  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Faces

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To: