Toop.org Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Toop.org » Parenting » Expecting... » Child Development

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Child Development
dana rae
Member # 12

Icon 1 posted      Profile for dana rae           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well right now i have a very intereesting class and it is child develpment. It is all on kids. We have gone all the way through the brithing stages already. We even had to watch someone have a baby)on vidio of course). It';s the funnest class! And right now we are doing that baby think it over. I was SPOSED to have mine from wedneday until this monday...BUT GUESS WHAT...Mom killed it! She accualloy killed it! She was babysitting while I was at work and she left it home alone.....ERIC AND SHEYL...DONT LET HER BABYSIT YOUR KID! hehe Yeah, right now we are learing about diets of pregnent women and preparing for the baby. Do you have a good diet sheryl?? LOTS OF FOLIC ACID!! hehe I should have told you this earlier! We also have learned about the stages of a baby when you are pregnent...like the embro, the zygote, and the fetus. YOur baby is ready to be born right now, but everyday is a plus.....Wel are learing about the exact same stuff in Biology too....We also learned about traits and genes....like DOMINENT and rececive. I cant really explian it over the computer but it is real interesting how you figure them out!! I also learned how much a baby cost. Wow...all i have to say is GOOD LUCK ON THAT ONE! We also learned baout sad things like abortion. DId you knwo that you can have an abortion until you have the bab! lIek if you were due tomortrow they could...AND IT IS LEAGAL IN MINNESOTA!! What they do is turn the baby feet 1sdt and pull everything out but the head. They put this opoisin stuff in it and it kills the baby then the pull the head out....thats sick. So then TECHNICALLLY it wasnt born alive....ish. We learned about adoption and birthcontrol and diseases baby can get, and breast feading and EVERYTHING!! wow! i'll have to talk to you in PERSON! I Love you!!

--------------------
~!*Dana Rae*!~

Posts: 91 | From: willmar  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Vonnie
Grand Member
Member # 4

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Vonnie           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I would say that this is all very educational for you kids. Some times I think they tell too much but I guess nothing is too much if it is learned in the proper way. I wish I had known more.

I guess it is better to learn the proper things and the truth about babies and child birth instead of just talking to other kids that really don't know the truth about stuff. Kids hear something but end up telling some one else and it may not be told in the same manner.

I can't believe how far they have come in the world on stuff like this. Even when I was in high school, I had no idea how you got pregnant. I was afraid to sit like on a bus seat if a man had just sat there. [Embarrassed] [Roll Eyes] Oh ya I was really dumb on all this stuff. [Whatchutalkingabout Smile]

But since Eric & Sheryl decided to have a little one, I have watched a lot of child birth on the educational channel and even learned things I didn't know. I had no idea of the development of a baby like Eric and Sheryl have been following. [Big Grin]

The miracle of child birth is wonderful. [Smile] [Big Grin]

--------------------
Vonnie S. Toop

Posts: 1399 | From: Eau Claire, WI USA  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sheryl
Super Poster
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sheryl   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm glad to hear about all that you are learning, Dana. This will give you a head start on your knowledge when you do start you own family......wait until you well into your 20's so that you can enjoy life a little before having this big responsibility.

The expensive of one is just the start of it. There's the responsibility that you need to teach it all that it needs to know. The responsibility that you showing it love, kindness, etc so that it's a good citizen to society. There's a lot of things so please take note and wait!

What you are learning is even more than what I had learned in school and even more than I knew when I was pregnant with Maria. Things change all for the good.

I do hope that you don't get a failing grade and that your teacher will understand about your mom killing the baby... [Wink]

--------------------
Sheryl

Posts: 3134 | From: Ramsey, MN  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eric
Webmaster
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eric   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I went through a family class at the high school. But we didn't learn anything about the birth... I remember abortion and other topics... but that is it.

Eric

--------------------
~ Eric

Posts: 1139 | From: Ramsey, Minnesota  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Faces

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To: