Toop.org Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Toop.org » Parenting » Expecting... » The nights are hard...

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: The nights are hard...
Sheryl
Super Poster
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sheryl   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hayden seems to do ok with me putting him to sleep after waking every 2 1/2 hours, but doesn't seem to do so well for Eric. It has been frustrating for Eric and for me. I wish that we knew what it was that causes Hayden to be like this.

I do hope that there is a light to the end of this tunnel.... [Eek!] [Frown]

--------------------
Sheryl

Posts: 3134 | From: Ramsey, MN  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Shannon
Member # 19

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Shannon           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Are you asking for any tips?? [Wink]

--------------------
Shannon

Posts: 533 | From: Wausau Wi USA  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Shannon
Member # 19

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Shannon           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You could use another person during the day so you can catch up on some sleep and the person helping would keep Hayden awake to get his day and night back to the way it should be.

Do you have a monitor in your room?

By the way when is a good time to call you? [Big Grin]

--------------------
Shannon

Posts: 533 | From: Wausau Wi USA  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sheryl
Super Poster
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sheryl   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well the time you called last night was good. I just didn't hear it with Hayden crying. I got the message around 10:30 p.m. and thought it might be to late to call.

Yes tips would be great. Who would be able to come and keep him awake then let me sleep? Eric did stay home today to work from home so that I could go back to sleep for a few hours. That felt good.

He is doing good today. Slept from 12-2:25 p.m. and now he just went back down at 3:30. We will see how long he stay sleeping.

We do have a monitor in our room.

[ May 16, 2003, 12:31 PM: Message fixed by: Sheryl ]

--------------------
Sheryl

Eric
Webmaster
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eric   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
We are trying a couple of different things. We tried Isomil last night to see if it is the milk he can't handle.

But he is only realy fussy from like 8 - 10pm each night....so I think it is just his fussy time...

But neither Sheryl or I look forward to that time each day.... he just isn't happy no matter what you do... then all of a sudden he just stops and goes to sleep.

Sheryl is the best!!!!!

--------------------
~ Eric

Posts: 1138 | From: Ramsey, Minnesota  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Stacy
Forum Regular
Member # 27

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Stacy   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
How did he do Sunday night after we were there and held him and held him and held him? He was such a good sleeper then [Wink]

Hopefully the Isomil will help with his stomach being so gassy. And as Eric said - It just may be his fussy time from 8-10pm. [Cry Smiley] Not much you can do for that.

Posts: 417 | From: Mpls  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sheryl
Super Poster
Member # 3

He sucked! [Cry Smiley] [Mad] [Eek!] He cried from 8:30 until 10:30p.m. I just think it will be his fussy time. Except that he cries so hard at times that it is piercing to the ear. When you feel you can't do nothing for him you are a little beside yourself.

--------------------
Sheryl

Stacy
Forum Regular
Member # 27

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Stacy   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That's too bad. Have you tried keeping him awake during the day? Like taking off his socks and keep him a little cool so he stays awake?

You'll have to stay home this weekend and get some needed sleep then.

Posts: 417 | From: Mpls  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Shannon
Member # 19

Leah would do the samething. It was always around the same time. She also would get very gassy from the formual and there is something that woulds for that and it did wonderous!!!! The way you described the way he's crying it just could be that he is gassy. We when to lactosc(msp)formual and that help too. Give it a try. If you want to know what that stuff is let me know.

--------------------
Shannon

Sheryl
Super Poster
Member # 3

Either it was a fluck or the "Caranation Good Start" soy formula did the trick. I don't know what it was but he didn't have a fussy night. He only slept every 2 hours though, but I'll take that over the crying..... [Thumbs Up] [Cool]

The doctor gave us some samples of formula that would help, but they are very expensive. He suggested the formula that we are using before resorting to having to use it. Is is a "Infamil" product. It is for coliky babies.

We will see how it goes. Keep your fingers crossed.

--------------------
Sheryl

Vonnie
Grand Member
Member # 4

Icon 12 posted      Profile for Vonnie           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have my toes as well as my fingers crossed for you guys.

Have a nice weekend [Rose]

--------------------
Vonnie S. Toop

Posts: 1399 | From: Eau Claire, WI USA  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sheryl
Super Poster
Member # 3

Well tonight he is fussy again.... [Eek!] [Confused] [Cry Smiley]

I'm thinking that is it he naps so much during the day that when evening comes he wakes and doesn't fall asleep until after his fussy time. So from like 5 p.m. until 10p.m. he is awake.

The days that he isn't fussy is when we have him up more during the day. Guess we will keep trying what we can.

He has us on our toes... [Razz]

--------------------
Sheryl

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Faces

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To: