Toop.org Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Toop.org » Parenting » Expecting... » Hayden's PM blues

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Hayden's PM blues
Vonnie
Grand Member
Member # 4

Icon 5 posted      Profile for Vonnie           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I went to Eric & Sheryl's yesterday.

Lynn asked me if Hayden was as bad between 7:30 - 10:30 evey night as Eric & Sheryl have been saying.

All I can say is "YES" I can see why they don't look forward to the evenings knowing what is going to happen. It is very frustrating. Yes I felt so helpless and so do they. I think between the 3 of us we tried every thing we could think of. He started fussing about 7:30 and around 10 he did fall asleep for the night. I believe Sheryl said he got up at 3:00. (That was good for him. He has only done that once before I guess).

Just to explain how hard he cries, I told them the first thing I would of checked if that was my kids was if the diaper pin came un-fastened. (But of course you don't have diaper pins anymore) But that is how hard he cried like something really hurts. (And something must)

I can see why a lot of frustrating tears have been shed.

So if any one knows of any home remedies please share them.

I did have some good quality time with him before this all happened and this morning.

--------------------
Vonnie S. Toop

Posts: 1399 | From: Eau Claire, WI USA  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Shannon
Member # 19

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Shannon           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I remember those nights with Leah. Same kind of cry as if something was wrong. But when we switch formuals to Lactofree and gave her this stuff for gas,it did wondrous. It helped us and Leah. It took us awhile to realized that it was more than a crying time.

I know just what you're going threw. Give it a try and hopfully it works.

--------------------
Shannon

Posts: 533 | From: Wausau Wi USA  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sheryl
Super Poster
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sheryl   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well it is that bad, but the funny thing is he didn't have that last night.... [Eek!] [Roll Eyes] Go figure!

We did buy some baby apple juice and delute it with water to help soften his bm's. He guzzled that down and it seemed to help soften it as we were trying.

We used the Mylcon drops religiously last night and off/on during the day. And changed formula to the soy base rather than then milk base. The dr said give it a week if it doesn't seem to get better than switch to another formula...$22 a can! [Eek!] We will go in debt though by choice if that does the trick. It will be well worth it.

So who knows.... [Confused]

--------------------
Sheryl

Posts: 3134 | From: Ramsey, MN  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Shannon
Member # 19

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Shannon           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hayden sounds just like Leah,with same kind of problems.

Leah also had bowl problems and very bad!!!! And she too would have some nights were she would be fine. Then we would think so hard as to what we did different so we could have another night with out the crying. [Smile]

That's the stuff that i was trying to think of-Mylcon!

You want to hear what else she had problems with?? [Wink] She would break out with a rash on her legs/arms(at first we thought heat rash but not in Janunary) but after wracking our brains as to what it could be!! Here it was soaps and laundry deterg. Anything with purfume makes her get a rash and itch all over.

And now at her age she gets rash from belt buckles and the only cream that works(b/c i tried some over the counter where it made it worse)is a prescription.

It's not so nice for a baby to have so much problems and then to let a parent know what's the matter. And your doing right by waiting between each thing that you try.

--------------------
Shannon

Posts: 533 | From: Wausau Wi USA  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Stacy
Forum Regular
Member # 27

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Stacy   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Apple juice made Alex gassy which made him unbearable - my doc told us to use a little prune juice in his formula which worked wonders and no gassy tummy ache! If Hayden has problems with the apple juice, try the prune juice.

Maybe to - try giving him a bath during that fussy time. It might help calm him and he'll sleep better too. Just a thought.

It won't be long and you'll find out what works or what his problem is.

When do you take him in to the doc? Did they say anything about his circumsision as to why it goes in? Hopefully it's nothing but maybe that's what makes him fussy. Just a thought also.

People can have so many things for you to try but doesn't mean we know it all [Big Grin]

Posts: 417 | From: Mpls  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sheryl
Super Poster
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sheryl   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The apple juice has been doing wonders keeping his stoles loose and helps him burp a little easier. I was going to use prune but they didn't have any in the infant area at Target. When I go get groceries I'll have to see if Cub carries it.

He has to be re-circumcised because it was done too soon. His has a hidrasile...extra water behind it. We should have waited a little longer for the swelling to go down. We have a consoltation with a Urologist June 26th. We will find out what they will do for him.

He has been this way from the 1st day we brought him home so I don't feel it is the circumcising that causes his fussy. If that was the case he would be like that all day long. He normally is just fussy between 7-11 p.m.

Thanks everyone for trying to help us pin point the problem and trying to figure out different things. Keep them coming we will give it all a try.

[ May 27, 2003, 09:29 PM: Message fixed by: Sheryl ]

--------------------
Sheryl

Sheryl
Super Poster
Member # 3

Well I think we've gotten a hold of the p.m. blues. He does a little fussing, but nothing like it was. If I can get him to take a few short naps before going to bed he doesn't cry at all...of course because he is sleeping! [Wink]

Now we have to get him to sleep several hours after his first feeding during the night. He will sleep up to 5 hours, but then after that he is up just about every hour. I'm thinking it might be that he doesn't burp enough before going back down that it finally comes up.

Eric and I do burp him and he does have several of them, which you would think would be enough, but apparently not.

I've been taking Hayden to the Chiro as our last resort and it seems to be helping a little bit. It is the only 2nd time going so we'll give it a little more time. Dr. Ryan says that the second time he was much easier to adjust. He was very tight the first time. That is good to hear. Dr. Ryan says that 3 treatments and that should help with the burps, colic and hiccups that he has quite often. Cross your fingers!! [Wink]

--------------------
Sheryl

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Faces

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To: