Toop.org Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Toop.org » Parenting » Expecting... » Hayden's Pre op visit

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Hayden's Pre op visit
Sheryl
Super Poster
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sheryl   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Today we went in for a doctors visit for Hayden, because Monday is his surgery on his hydrocele. I learned more that if he weren't to have this surgery that he could end up with a hyrenea sometime during his life.

He weighed in at 14 lbs 9 oz and 25 1/2 inches long. He is growing fast!! I did double check Maria's chart at the age Hayden is at and she weighed in at 14 lbs 3 oz and 23 1/2 inches. He is a few ounces heavier but 2 inches taller.

The doctor was tickled pink because Hayden was laughing, smiling and talking to him.... [Cool]

[ June 26, 2003, 09:09 PM: Message fixed by: Sheryl ]

--------------------
Sheryl

Posts: 3134 | From: Ramsey, MN  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sheryl
Super Poster
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sheryl   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Your baby will start gaining as much as two pounds a month now (slowing down as he gets closer to his first birthday). Your pediatrician will use standard growth charts to track your baby's weight gain, but don't get too hung up on those measurements. As long as your baby has a good appetite and is growing at a steady pace, and your pediatrician says all is well, it doesn't matter what percentile he's in.

This is what babycenter.com had to say. I think they are right on.

--------------------
Sheryl

Vonnie
Grand Member
Member # 4

Icon 7 posted      Profile for Vonnie           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My prayers are with Hayden and you guys on Monday.

Give him an extra hug and kiss from Grandma Toop. [Kiss] Give one to Maria on her way to her friends house for the night Sunday also. [Kiss]

Sounds like Hayden was really good at the doctors office today.

--------------------
Vonnie S. Toop

Posts: 1399 | From: Eau Claire, WI USA  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eric
Webmaster
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eric   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hayden's surgery went well. We left home about 6am and arrived by 6:45. They checked him out and we were ready to go by 7:15. But surgery wasn't until 8:15. He did GREAT, not eating sind 4:45am he was wide awake and having fun. When he would get fussy I would walk with him and then Sheryl got him to go to sleep.

Before he went to surgery I gave him a kiss and he gave me a good smile. When we were able to see him about 10:00am and he finally awoke enough to see things... he gave me another smile. That made me feel good to know that my boy was going to be okay.

We left the hospital about 10:45am and headed home.

It went very smoothly! Thank you Children's Hospital. It was nice seeing how they acted with the other kids there that were getting tubes. They came out and explained to the kids and showed them what was going to happen to them so they wouldn't be scared. It was Nice to see.

--------------------
~ Eric

Posts: 1139 | From: Ramsey, Minnesota  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Vonnie
Grand Member
Member # 4

Icon 7 posted      Profile for Vonnie           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I am so glad to hear everything went as expected.

Happy for you guys that he was so good. I can't imagine him going that long without eating anything.

--------------------
Vonnie S. Toop

Posts: 1399 | From: Eau Claire, WI USA  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sheryl
Super Poster
Member # 3

He really didn't go that long. Hayden woke me at 3:30 and so around 4:45 I gave him some apple juice. So from 5 until 8:15 he didn't eat. Then he went under so he didn't know much difference until he came to. He was a happy little guy the whole time.... [Cool]

He did much better than I was expecting. Mommy was tired though because Hayden woke every 1 1/2 hours and we've discovered it is from the cold & cough medicine we give him. We've tried two different kind and it does the same thing. Mommy only got 3 hours of sleep that night.... [Eek!] [Embarrassed]

He is back to his normal self except for the cough. That will just take time to get rid of.

--------------------
Sheryl

Shannon
Member # 19

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Shannon           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Good to hear that Hayden is fine and doing great by the sound of it.

Jason was 13 months old when he had his done and he acted as if he didn't have anything done to him which is good!

--------------------
Shannon

Posts: 533 | From: Wausau Wi USA  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Faces

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To: