Toop.org Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Toop.org » Parenting » Expecting... » Baby names

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Baby names
dana rae
Member # 12

Icon 10 posted      Profile for dana rae           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I know I am going to regret this but I thought I'd ask some of your guys opinion on baby names...Gulp....They always say it's a mistake to tlel people becouse they ruin your dreams but I wanna ask....
First f all the middle name is david for sure.

I really like ethan but that is out of the question-I tried to get zach to like it like they did with haydens name-hasnt worked yet.

Of ezra was our first choice-a lot of people telll me it's girly....i think beocuse it ends ina n a-but i have never heard it for a girl-there is ezra in the bible, ezra lusk(he is a dirtbiker),and ezra my firends ex-boyfriend. I really really like it but people are ruining it by saying it soulnds grily and zach loves it.

ashton is out other choice-its still orginginal.

i think i might just know when the baby is boren but i am really scared I will name him and 3 days later say CRAP i hate that n\ame wheat was I thinking and then have it stuck foreveeeerrrr

--------------------
~!*Dana Rae*!~

Posts: 91 | From: willmar  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Connie Korger
Member # 9

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Connie Korger           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Think of how the name would sound you are calling out the back door when he gets in trouble and then how it would sound as an important businessman. I always like the traditional kind of names but I am not gung-ho on some of the popular Biblical names. Unique is OK but avoid weird. Go to your search screen and put in "baby names." It will show you the 100 most used names. Some are good, some are not so good. No matter what you pick, at some point most kids don't like their name and wonder why you picked it in the first place. Good luck.
Posts: 194 | From: Green Bay, WI,USA  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sheryl
Super Poster
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sheryl   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Connie is right. You need to shout the name and see how it sounds. It does work! Remember Hayden's name is a girls name as well. Doesn't sound like one, but never the less there is an actors that has that name.

The name is what you make it. Our opinion will not make it easier on you. It is a decision between you and Zach not what we want you to name the baby.

Again Connie is right whatever name you decide the child at some point might not like his/her name. It will probably not like what color his/her hair looks like, etc. [Light Bulb]

I like all three, but more Ashton than Ezra. But whatever you decide he will be still loved very much. [Heart]

--------------------
Sheryl

Posts: 3134 | From: Ramsey, MN  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eric
Webmaster
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eric   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Eric is always a good choice too [Smile]

--------------------
~ Eric

Posts: 1138 | From: Ramsey, Minnesota  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sheryl
Super Poster
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sheryl   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Eric David...that sounds pretty good. Not sure if we would want two Eric's though.... [Wink] One is plenty.... [Wink]

--------------------
Sheryl

Connie Korger
Member # 9

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Connie Korger           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You could have his first name be David since that is the part you know you want. I like some of the current names like Tyler, Brady and Cody. I am not sure if I would like Cody for a grown man however. There are lots of names that are used for both boys and girls like Taylor. I know a man named Dana. Are there any good names in Zach's family?
Posts: 194 | From: Green Bay, WI,USA  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Vonnie
Grand Member
Member # 4

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Vonnie           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Good idea Connie. Dana you could always name him David something.

Like how about

David Ezra
David Eric

I wasn't sure about Ezra at first but it is growing on me. That is with any name you decide to use, it may not be something some one likes but after a short time it does grow on you and you couldn't see the baby with any other name.

You pick what you want!!! [Smile]

[ December 22, 2003, 08:18 AM: Message fixed by: Vonnie ]

--------------------
Vonnie S. Toop

Posts: 1399 | From: Eau Claire, WI USA  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
dana rae
Member # 12

Icon 1 posted      Profile for dana rae           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
If I were to use David as the first name it would be David Lee. Becouse for a few generations in zachs family, they have had the middle name Lee. That way we could have both of the special names. I do like it. I forgot what Zachary said about it, I will ask him tonight.

--------------------
~!*Dana Rae*!~

Posts: 91 | From: willmar  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Vonnie
Grand Member
Member # 4

Icon 7 posted      Profile for Vonnie           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I do like David Lee. Let us know what Zach says about the name in his family.

--------------------
Vonnie S. Toop

Posts: 1399 | From: Eau Claire, WI USA  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sheryl
Super Poster
Member # 3

I love the name David Lee!!! [Thumbs Up]

--------------------
Sheryl

Eric
Webmaster
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eric   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
hehehe I don't

I just think of that Idiot musician David Lee Roth

[ December 24, 2003, 09:38 AM: Message fixed by: Eric ]

--------------------
~ Eric

Posts: 1138 | From: Ramsey, Minnesota  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Vonnie
Grand Member
Member # 4

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Vonnie           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have no idea who "David Lee Roth" even is.

--------------------
Vonnie S. Toop

Connie Korger
Member # 9

I stopped to see a friend on the way home from Eau Claire last weekend. She has a new grandson, Ashton Reed. I know, Dana, that Ashton was a name you were considering. Louise said that several people wondered if the mother had been reading romance novels when she picked out the name Ashton.

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Faces

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To: