Toop.org Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Toop.org » What's Happening? » What's on your mind? » Sad News (Page 1)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic is comprised of pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Sad News
Sheleen
Grand Member
Member # 20

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sheleen           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
We have a 45 year old lady friend in Willmar that found out about 6 months that she has ovarian cancer.

She has a them removed but it has gone so far. There isn't thing the doctors can do other then try to prolong her life with chemotherapy. She decided not to, which I don't blame her that isn't a qualitiy of life either.

The last month she was on home care and now it is getting to be too much and is now in a nursing home.

She had been doctoring thinking there was more wrong but the doctors couldn't find anything. After a year of this they finally found it was ovarian cancer. I guess it is one of the hardest to find but I thought that is why they have yearly check ups.

It is so sad to think that death is so close for her. Makes one more serious about their own death to come and getting prepared for that time.

Posts: 1020 | From: Spicer, MN 56288  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sheryl
Super Poster
Member # 3

Icon 9 posted      Profile for Sheryl   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sorry to hear that. Who is the lady? Hope that she has good luck in beating the cancer.

I just found out this a.m. that my girlfriend Vicky from my past job lost her father-in-law very unexpectly. He died May 24,2001 of a massive stroke. It is very sad, because he seemed very healthy. Like you said you just never know when it is your time.

--------------------
Sheryl

Posts: 3134 | From: Ramsey, MN  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sheleen
Grand Member
Member # 20

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sheleen           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sorry to hear about Vicky's Dad. How is she doing?

Phyllis Arfstad they just moved to Willmar around 2 - 3 years ago. She got married to Ted at that time so it is hard on him. I don't think she has a change to beat it, it has gone too far.

Posts: 1020 | From: Spicer, MN 56288  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Stacy
Forum Regular
Member # 27

Icon 13 posted      Profile for Stacy   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sounds pretty down for some of those you know. Sheleen - Is the lady your talking about someone you worked with?

Sorry to hear about their bad luck!

Posts: 417 | From: Mpls  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sheryl
Super Poster
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sheryl   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
To answer your question Sheleen....Vicky & her family are in a state of shock, but are glad that he didn't have to suffer. It is hard to handle when you aren't prepared for it.

Phyllis and her family can prepare, but they have to watch her suffer. It is sad either way.

--------------------
Sheryl

Sheleen
Grand Member
Member # 20

No, Stacy, she is one of the friends in Willmar.
Sheryl
Super Poster
Member # 3

Icon 9 posted      Profile for Sheryl   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Is that the couple that was in the process of getting married the first year that you watched Maria for a full week? I think I remember her and them now that you say that she is one of the friends. I never met them, but they sounded like a great couple...oh how sad for him. We will say our prayers for them.

--------------------
Sheryl

Stacy
Forum Regular
Member # 27

Icon 9 posted      Profile for Stacy   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Guess I can't say I know who that is. Have I met them before? or are they new in the area?
Eric
Webmaster
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eric   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yeah this week is just full of bad news. My Grandma (Winter) had a minor surgery yesterday (5th surgery on these growths) and they found that her cancer has spread up her gall bladder further towards her kidneys. So they are going to do some more exams in a week and then do a major surgery on her in about 3 - 4 weeks.

They are going to reroute her tube going to her gall bladder higher on her bladder.

--------------------
~ Eric

Posts: 1139 | From: Ramsey, Minnesota  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sheleen
Grand Member
Member # 20

That don't sound very good! Hope all will go well for her.
Sheleen
Grand Member
Member # 20

Last night our friend went on to eternity
Our trip to Emmo was cut short but we need to go for family support and a closer for us. It was a hard thing to decide but feel we made the right choice. She is 48 yrs old not 45 yrs old as I had thought. Her funeral it tomorrow at 1 p.m.

Life brings unexpected experiences that we don't understand. We can have trust in his plan because his plan is perfect.

Sheryl
Super Poster
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sheryl   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sorry to hear that, but may we have peace feeling that she may be going to a better place.

Where there is life there is death. This is the cycle of life that he has planned from the beginning.

--------------------
Sheryl

Sheleen
Grand Member
Member # 20

The funeral was quite large today. People from all over came. She touched so many lives it is just amazing to me. Sheryl, John Schultz sister Doreen Bolter was there. Her husband is a cousin to Ted. They to were at Emmo. Ted & Phylis's family are taking her body to Rockford, Ill for a funeral there on Tuesday and burial. That is where she grew up and was there most of her adult life. She was married to Ted Aarstead since Oct. 17, 1998. She had many different jobs in different parts of the USA. There is a peace in her death knowing now that she don't have to suffer any longer with cancer. She was a faithful servant of God that, also, brings a peace to it all.

We are very glad we cut our trip short even though it was hard to do.

Vonnie
Grand Member
Member # 4

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Vonnie           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sorry to hear about your friend. But as others have said, she is now in a peaceful place with no more pain.

I am sure you made the right decision to cut your trip short but I can imagine how hard that was.

--------------------
Vonnie S. Toop

Posts: 1399 | From: Eau Claire, WI USA  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Stacy
Forum Regular
Member # 27

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Stacy   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sorry to hear the sad news!!

Did she have any kids? How old are they? I wish I could picture who she is because I must know her if she lived in the Willmar area. (I hate that when I should know someone but can't picture them or think of who it is!) I must be getting old!

The funeral sounds like it was nice. Did they have enough room for all the people at the funeral home?

Hope all goes well for her family. Sorry to see she's gone so soon but at least there won't be anymore suffering.

This topic is comprised of pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Faces

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To: