Toop.org Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Toop.org » What's Happening? » What's on your mind? » Where is Winter????

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Where is Winter????
Sheryl
Super Poster
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sheryl   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What is with this Winter? Almost 50 degree days in the beginning of January!? I want some snow so we can go sledding, making snowmen, and rolling around in with Colby, Maria & Eric! Or Winter over already?

--------------------
Sheryl

Posts: 3134 | From: Ramsey, MN  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Vonnie
Grand Member
Member # 4

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Vonnie           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oh I am enjoying these warm days. I don't think winter is over yet though. We have had a lot more snow than you have and colder weather.

Maybe you should move to Willmar. We have had a lot of days with sledding, snowmen etc.

We got into the 40's yesterday and today but you still have warmer weather and less snow.

--------------------
Vonnie S. Toop

Posts: 1399 | From: Eau Claire, WI USA  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Shannon
Member # 19

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Shannon           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This is a very mild winter here too. I would just love to know what it would be like to have 7ft in
just one day!!! Wow that would be fun!

It's been in the 30's at night and 40's during the day time.

Kids are not happy either. Nothing to do! Ryan for
sure isn't happy. After passing the snowmobiling course-he can drive and he's been waiting for this day for a long time but there is no snow.

[ January 10, 2002: Message fixed by: we5andjj ]

--------------------
Shannon

Posts: 533 | From: Wausau Wi USA  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eric
Webmaster
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eric   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sheryl and I could have told you what was going happen.

We bought a Snow blower...that is why it is an easy winter

--------------------
~ Eric

Posts: 1139 | From: Ramsey, Minnesota  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sheryl
Super Poster
Member # 3

Icon 9 posted      Profile for Sheryl   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sorry everyone!

--------------------
Sheryl

Shannon
Member # 19

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Shannon           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
And SO did WE! We'll just have to get Bill and Sheleen to move out by us and we'll get snow! It seems where ever they go they get the snow!?

--------------------
Shannon

Posts: 533 | From: Wausau Wi USA  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sheleen
Grand Member
Member # 20

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sheleen           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Isn't that the truth! We have had a nice winter here we've had a little of everything between the snow, colder weather and now it is very nice. I have to agree though I would like to have some more snow. We haven't had the oppurtunity to go snowmobiling yet but right now there isn't enough snow to go. There is a band for anyone to go out ice fishing. The ice is way to dangerous.
Posts: 1020 | From: Spicer, MN 56288  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sheryl
Super Poster
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sheryl   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It is suppose to snow tomorrow and Monday so lets hope that we get enough that we can do a little fun stuff outdoors for at least a month. You know our complaining is going to get us in trouble....we are going to get dumped on one of these days! I would be alright with that....

--------------------
Sheryl

Sheleen
Grand Member
Member # 20

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sheleen           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
We got a little snow around noon today. It was coming down pretty nice. Had to take the kids picture on the porch with the background of the snow coming down. It now looks nicer with the old snow freshened up. I would mind getting another dump of snow where we could be bond at home for a day or two, the kids say the samething said it would be fun.
Posts: 1020 | From: Spicer, MN 56288  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sheleen
Grand Member
Member # 20

Sounds like you city people recieved some snow! Well, how do you like it now? Heard there were lots of people in the ditch. Where you one of them?
Sheryl
Super Poster
Member # 3

We in Coon Rapids recieved, maybe, 4" and we are loving it. I'm hoping for some more so that next week Monday Maria and I can go sledding, skating and rolling around in it. I have the day off from work, Martin Luther King Day. She is getting all excited and looking forward to that day.

No that wouldn't have been Eric or I in the ditch. If you drive slow enough then you have less of a chance ending up that way. I did see three cars in the ditch on the way to work. Eric got to see a major accident on Hwy 94. It is kind of like the first snow fall again, being we were out of snow for sooooooo long.

--------------------
Sheryl

Sheryl
Super Poster
Member # 3

http://www.startribune.com/images/hl/1029920_36953.html

The above link is the accident I was talking about.

It is lightly snowing currently and the radio is reporting that it is making the roads slippery. So we will have to wait and see what accumalates from this snow fall.

--------------------
Sheryl

Sheleen
Grand Member
Member # 20

Tonight, will be the first below zero temps expected since last Feb 01! WOW! It has been nice but we are going to have the real taste of winter.
Sharon
Forum Regular
Member # 15

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sharon   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I had quite a drive here yesterday was a bit scary! I left Rochester in the morning at 6:30am and was going about 70 miles an hour and all of a suddenly a pick-up in front of me went around and around and back into the ditch. I could hardly believe it. I didn't go 70 miles an hour anymore! So I didn't get to Sheryl and Eric's till 8:30am. I was going to leave this morning at 6:30 am, back for Rochester, but before I got here I had already made up my mind that I wasn't going to. So I am still here. Now Sheryl is teaching me how to use the different UBB codes. I see the rest of you using them and I have never been able to figure them out.

hurray!

--------------------
Sharon Kay

Posts: 211 | From: Rochester, MN 55902  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sheryl
Super Poster
Member # 3

Yesterdays warm weather pretty much melted our snow. I did notice tonight as I was putting Colby out for a potty break that there was a few flakes falling. I'm hoping for a lot of it, but I think I'm getting my hopes up toooo high! Honey why did we buy a snow blower!?

--------------------
Sheryl

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Faces

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To: