Toop.org Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Toop.org » What's Happening? » What's on your mind? » Happy 4th of July!

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Happy 4th of July!
Sheleen
Grand Member
Member # 20

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sheleen           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Wondering what everyone is doing on the 4th?

This morning we went to the Spicer parade which was pretty good. Lots of patraodic spirit. There was a float with 3 firefighters in a pose of raising the flag at ground zero. It was quite neat. Everyone stood for them, whistling, clapping, etc. The kids picked up a lot of candy.

This afternoon was spent at my bosses lake home. There was a boat parade at 3:30 which the guys had sling-shots and they put water ballons and they try to hit the boats going by. Not very many would hit there targeted mark.

Now we are home for a bit until 7:30 then we are invited to the Bergh's for fireworks off Green Lake.

Bill left for a client picnic and he'll meet back up with us at the Bergh's

Posts: 1020 | From: Spicer, MN 56288  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sheryl
Super Poster
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sheryl   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sounds like you had some fun! [Cool]

We went for a 15 mile bike ride. Stopped at three parks, Culvers for lunch and headed home. We got to see some of the Mississippi River, nature trails and a few deer tracks.

Came home for a rest and supper then off to the fireworks. Then we, Colby, Maria, Eric & I, were fun to watch. Had to keep a close eye because they were so fast that Maria & Eric missed a few that I got to see and Maria was upset that she didn't get to see them.... [Big Grin] Silly girl!

A nice beautiful day! [Cool]

[ July 05, 2002, 10:23 AM: Message fixed by: Sheryl ]

--------------------
Sheryl

Posts: 3134 | From: Ramsey, MN  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Shannon
Member # 19

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Shannon           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
We slepted in til 8,had a nice breakfast about 9:30. I had to work at 11am til 6pm so I could have off the 6th for a family get together on the Papendorf side.

Jeff and the kids went out to his folks and was home just as I was getting home. We rested and as soon as it was dark the kids did the sparklers before going to see the fireworks up town.

Today Jeff is off from work so we're cleaning and baking. Kids are taking a nap before Jeff's cousin and family get here for the night and then tomorrow we'll be going for the get together.

Next wk we'll be camping up north,thurs-Sunday. I hope the weather is great. Last night was idea weather for sleeping.

Happy 4ht everyone!!

--------------------
Shannon

Posts: 533 | From: Wausau Wi USA  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sharon
Forum Regular
Member # 15

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sharon   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I had a very unplanned 4th of July. I had planned on fixing dinner for Meda and Geneva since we couldn't find any one else to come. And then clean her apartment and play scrabble the rest of the day and give her bath before I left for here early enough to get my hair washed and my suitcase packed.

Well it went this way instead.
I did fix dinner for the ladies. I bought a portable gas grill and put it out Medas living room window which is even with the ground. And fixed some chicken. I had also fixed the day before some delicious potato salad. I got Aunt Jeans dressing recipe. And we had green beans and cole slaw and angle food cake and ice cream.

At 2pm while I was still cleaning some friends from Arizona surprised us and stopped by. Well they had a motor home and were going to park it someplace and go to the fire works. I told them about a park which was right accorss from where the fireworks was going to be let off so we checked and they had space and we all (Meda, Geneva and I ) went with them and had a picnic supper with our left overs and spent the evening with them and watched the most beautiful fireworks I or any of us had ever seen. The two older ladies and myself included hadnt seen fireworks in a very long time. Meda 12 yrs. I don't think Geneva had ever seen them And I haven't seen any for such a long time I can't remember.

Need less to say I think we were all glad that our friends stopped and asked us to go with them. It was a very unexpected enjoyable day.

--------------------
Sharon Kay

Posts: 211 | From: Rochester, MN 55902  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Alex
Member # 35

Icon 6 posted      Profile for Alex           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Weeelllll. . . . we slept in late. Went to the Red Barn Cafe around 10:30 for breakfast and had the best sweetrolls anyone could have ever tasted, stopped at Walmart and bought some canning jars and 4th of July t-shirts, went to Don & Dede's pool swimming with Denise & Ricky's family and grilled hot dogs and watermelon around 3:00, went to the strawberry patch to pick strawberries to make freezer jam, stopped at home to stem strawberries and eat supper, then went to Spring Valley Dam for fireworks. Nooooo mom, I think we saw the best fireworks ever! [Wink] (Just kidding) but they were pretty good!
Posts: 36 | From: Wherever I feel like being  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Faces

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To: