Toop.org Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Toop.org » What's Happening? » What's on your mind? » Continue of Camping (Page 1)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic is comprised of pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Continue of Camping
Sheryl
Super Poster
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sheryl   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
As far as we are concerned we don't really have a preference as to where to go. I had thought you wanted to make plans here in MN? If you are willing to drive that far...3 1/2 or longer we don't mind. It sounds like a nice place and I would love to go see our home town where we graduated from.

Jeff I do understand about having activities for the kids. I was trying to get it more centralized. I would prefer if they have a place where there is a lot of activities. So that would be cool with us. P.S. We would like to have some of those activities to do for myself.

Ok...have we decided what week works the best? Again these are the weekends that are avaliable for us with Maria....June 14th, June 28, July 12th, July 26th, August 9th and August 23.

I emailed Chetek campground to see if they have next years schedule out and what they might have available. I'll let you all know what I find out.

[ July 17, 2002, 08:48 PM: Message fixed by: Sheryl ]

--------------------
Sheryl

Posts: 3134 | From: Ramsey, MN  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sheleen
Grand Member
Member # 20

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sheleen           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The week of July 12 we'll be up north at a cabin for a week so that will not work for us and Aug 9 (if it is the second weekend of Aug) it seems to be the weekend when Bill is required to go up north for a logging show. Any of the other times are fine by us. Early June this year was nice and warm to be able to go swimming not sure what next year will be like. We'll only be able to join on Thursday- Sunday but it is better then nothing at all.

I tried looking for a campground in MN with all the activities at one place but found nothing. Even called a travel agency to see if they had anything, also, the chamber but they had nothing. Since we've been to Chetek campground and know everyone will have a good time there, thought it would be a great place for us all to meet.

What do the rest think?

Posts: 1020 | From: Spicer, MN 56288  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Stacy
Forum Regular
Member # 27

Icon 6 posted      Profile for Stacy   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thurs-Sunday in Chetek would be fine. But I plan to do a week in Minoqua next summer in July or Aug. So we could do a Thurs-Sunday in Chetek during the month of June. As far as I'm concerned - we're open for any dates. Nothing planned for us yet for next year! Let us know what weeks work for others! We're pretty flexible. [Smile]
Posts: 417 | From: Mpls  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sheleen
Grand Member
Member # 20

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sheleen           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, lets decided on a date! What about June 14th or Aug 23rd? [Thumbs Up] or [Thumbs Down] Anyone of those work? Post soon is it in Aug 2002, Shannon, you need to know?
Posts: 1020 | From: Spicer, MN 56288  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sheryl
Super Poster
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sheryl   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Chetek did call us and they have an area for a big group like ours. All sites have electric, are for 4 people and anymore than that is $1 extra each person, each night. It is $22 each night. They are currently taking bookings for 2003.

We are open to any dates. June 28th or August 23rd it should be much warmer and Thursday-Sunday. Pick a date and I'll call to make a reservation.

--------------------
Sheryl

Shannon
Member # 19

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Shannon           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sounds like fun!! August 23rd for us.

--------------------
Shannon

Posts: 533 | From: Wausau Wi USA  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sheryl
Super Poster
Member # 3

Cool! [Cool] Now mark your calendars so when next year comes it isn't a forgotten plan.

You'll need to email, call or send us your credit card # to reserve your spot. Otherwise, I'll tell her we are going with it and each family will call to reserve their spot.

August 21st-24th it is, Thursday-Sunday, Chetek Campground is the place.

Looking forward to this August 9-11th. We need directions, name, etc.

--------------------
Sheryl

Stacy
Forum Regular
Member # 27

Icon 14 posted      Profile for Stacy   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Okay then, Aug 21-24, 2003 for Chetek is a final!! It's on my calendar. What do we need for deposit? Sheryl, if it's $20.00 - could you just reserve for us and then we'll be even. I paid for Menomonie's reservation. Thanks! Let me know if that will work. [Smile]
Sheryl
Super Poster
Member # 3

That works for me if that is the case and if I remember the lady correct that would be right. I'll call her soon and make those plans. I'll probably wait until Monday to double check with Sheleen & Bill.

--------------------
Sheryl

Stacy
Forum Regular
Member # 27

Icon 6 posted      Profile for Stacy   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Great! That works for me too! Let me know if it ends up being more then $20.00!! Thanks for doing that! [Big Grin] [Wink]
Sheryl
Super Poster
Member # 3

Not a problem and thank you for making the reservations for this Aug 9-11th. By the way if you haven't already read Eric got a new job and if he is working for his new job by then we will be leaving after work to come camping. If he is still working at his current employer at that time then we might be able to make it there by mid-afternoon. We will keep you posted about that and we will let you know closer to the time.

--------------------
Sheryl

Sheryl
Super Poster
Member # 3

To make a reservation, we ask for a one night deposit. Normally, the deposit is 100% refundable if you tell us within one week of the reservation date. For really large groups, we ask for two weeks notice if you need to cancel the entire event.

Here is our answer to how much we need for deposit and policies for if we needed to cancel. I'll tell them that each family, Stacy I'll pay yours since you paid ours, will call with their credit card # to reserve.

--------------------
Sheryl

Sheleen
Grand Member
Member # 20

This great [Cool] we'll be there and we have it on our calendar, also. I will send them a check for our portion. Which site are you reserving?

I would have responded earlier but we've been on vacation to Jeff & Shannon's for the past 3 days.

Sheryl
Super Poster
Member # 3

Camp info in family info....please read.

--------------------
Sheryl

Sheryl
Super Poster
Member # 3

Well it is getting close to that time to go camping in Chetek.

Last weekend we took a drive out to bunker hills campground and water....
http://www.anokacounty.org/departments/park_rec/qlinks/camping/camping.htm

Well we got talking to Stacy and wondering if anyone else would be interested in camping at Bunker Hills those days in August...21st-24th...that we had set aside for Chetek campground?

I called and checked on availablity for sites 34a-34d and they are available for Aug 21-24th. It cost $14 each night for sites 34a-34d. Let us know by the end of this weekend if you would be interested. I'm speaking to Papendorf's and Pfingsten's. I know already what we and Stacy would like to do.

[ July 10, 2003, 02:50 PM: Message fixed by: Sheryl ]

--------------------
Sheryl

This topic is comprised of pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Faces

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To: