Toop.org Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Toop.org » What's Happening? » What's on your mind? » Leaf duty

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Leaf duty
Sheryl
Super Poster
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sheryl   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ok I'm tired of picking up leaves. I'm done for the season. If more fall to bad so sad it is a lot better than all of our neighbors that haven't done any.

Four seperate times I've mowed, bagged and took a trip to the compost site with a van full of leaves. Everyone says wait until the all of them fall. Then I would have had to stop every swipe one way in the lawn to empty the bag of the lawn mower. It is really easy with the lawn mower which is a life saver on the arms.

There shouldn't be many more.

--------------------
Sheryl

Posts: 3134 | From: Ramsey, MN  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Vonnie
Grand Member
Member # 4

Icon 7 posted      Profile for Vonnie           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have new neighbors that moved in the first of November. Saturday they raked all my leaves for me and bagged them. I was so happy and glad. I took them over 4 tupperware bowls and a couple of tupperware key chains.

Maybe they wouldn't be too bad of neighbors, except I can't talk to them. He speaks no English and she speaks a little bit. I guess some how I am going to have to learn some spanish now.

--------------------
Vonnie S. Toop

Posts: 1399 | From: Eau Claire, WI USA  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sharon
Forum Regular
Member # 15

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sharon   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That was nice, Vonnie, of your neighbors. Nice also to know that there are some nice people in the world. Of course there are alot of them there just not seen or known unless someone like you tell us and others.

You should see the Drs. leaves. I haven't had time to do any raking for them this year like other years. And they haven't been out there either. All to busy. Can't find anyone who isn't busy either to do it for them. Can't imagine what its going to be like next year. There are also lots of them on the roof for some reason. At least i got her to realize she needed covers on the rain gutters and they aren't inside plugging up the gutters like other years. I'm just glad that i don't live there any more and feel responible to do those jobs. And there isn't any way they could give me that house. Its really not a good buy. Can't imagine what their going to do when they ever decide to sell and move into something smaller.

I think its a fire trap. There isn't room for more than one fire truck to get near the house it there ever was a fire. Can't imagine builders not seeing that. I just hope there is never a fire there as long as I know them or they live there.

--------------------
Sharon Kay

Posts: 211 | From: Rochester, MN 55902  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sheleen
Grand Member
Member # 20

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sheleen           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
May I ask what the purpose of raking leaves? Is it harmful to the grass or what?

Ours just get cut up in the lawn mower, the little there is on the grass. We don't see many on the grass only in the woods. I'm not going to pick those up!

I wonder if it isn't something that got started because someone didn't like to see it on the grass or thought it look messy and that is how raking leaves got started.

What do you all think?

It is really a fact it needs to be done or just we think it needs to be done?

Posts: 1020 | From: Spicer, MN 56288  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sheryl
Super Poster
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sheryl   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The reason that I've heard to pick up leaves is to prevent any disease, bugs and fungus from growing and spreading threw out your lawn. It is like a compost if you leave too many on the ground then your grass can't breath from all the leaves on top.

You could probably search the internet to see if they can give you a more explanation. If we can find one or if anyone could then we'll post it and inform everyone.

We have examples of lawns in our neighborhood that haven't done it that have lawns that look a mess. [Thumbs Down]

--------------------
Sheryl

Posts: 3134 | From: Ramsey, MN  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Faces

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To: