Toop.org Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Toop.org » What's Happening? » What's on your mind? » Happy Holidays

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Happy Holidays
Vonnie
Grand Member
Member # 4

Icon 10 posted      Profile for Vonnie           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 

MERRY CHRISTMAS

to my family and friends [Cake]

HAPPY HOLIDAYS

and wishing everyone a

HAPPY NEW YEAR

I hope 2003 brings good health and good times for everyone. [Big Grin] I hope 2003 brings everything you expect of it.

--------------------
Vonnie S. Toop

Posts: 1399 | From: Eau Claire, WI USA  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sheryl
Super Poster
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sheryl   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 

Happy Holidays and good cheer to all!

Hope all is having a good day and remembering the real reason for Christmas......the birth of Jesus Christ.

Happy Birthday, Jesus! [Cake]

We've been up since 8:30 opening gifts, making our little Christmas meal...roast, carrots & potatoes. Now we are going to make holiday cookies and relax the rest of the day.

--------------------
Sheryl

Posts: 3134 | From: Ramsey, MN  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Shannon
Member # 19

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Shannon           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"Happy Holidays to all'

We had a real nice time with the family of Stacy and Denny here since Sunday night.

We all was at JP's on Tuesday til today having a big meal of Ham and the works. Kids where tired right at 9pm,Tuesday night, with out telling them to go get ready for bed,so the rest of us played games til 11pm and then the Kids had a great time playing outside while the rest of us played games again. It was fun!!

The drive home was enough for the kids to take a nap on the way home!!

I even enjoy having times like you did Sheryl. "Relaxing"

--------------------
Shannon

Posts: 533 | From: Wausau Wi USA  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Stacy
Forum Regular
Member # 27

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Stacy   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"Season's Greetings & A Happy New Year!!"

We've enjoyed having family over and being with family. Even when there are times you just want to go to a corner and vegitate, it's good to have family around. We've enjoyed these last days with family and friends. But I like getting to bed at a decent time or I get crabby. So off I'm going to bed or I'll be crabby for my kids tomorrow. [Wink]

Oh! No I won't - they are all going different directions tomorrow to a friends house. I remember having that stamina to go, go, go but now it's nice just being home and not having a schedule for the next week & a half. [Big Grin]

Hope all are well!!

Posts: 417 | From: Mpls  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Stacy
Forum Regular
Member # 27

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Stacy   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"Season's Greetings & A Happy New Year!!"

Opps! It posted twice. Now I know I'm getting tired! [Roll Eyes]

P.S. Shannon, I finished by book!! Now I won't have my nose in a book for a long, long time. I can't remember when the last time I read a book was but I also know why I haven't - it just feels like a waste of time! [Confused]

[ December 25, 2002, 11:36 PM: Message fixed by: Stacy ]

Posts: 417 | From: Mpls  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sheleen
Grand Member
Member # 20

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sheleen           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
HAPPY HOLIDAYS, EVERYONE! This is a couple of days late but we've been so busy that I haven't had one minute on the computer.

X-mas eve we went ice skating! Just our little family. We had the whole rink to ourself! [Cool] We came home had hot chocolate and popcorn while we played Rummikub.

X-Mas Day we all slept in until 10 a.m. had a waffle, bacon breakfast. Went skating again until around 1:30 p.m. came home had a big dinner. Bill's folks and little brother Ben came over for a couple hour visit.

Thursday we took it easy all day. Today, was Jordan's birthday. I took him shopping for his gift which he chose hockey bresers, hockey gloves and jeresy (which Bill had to pick up in St. Cloud on his way home, Jordan wanted a St. Cloud Huskey real mickoy). I took the kids out for dinner at Jordan's chose of Blimpies. Came home around 3 p.m. We have this bird feeder that needed to be put out so we got that all together and hung up for the birds. Bill's folks and Ben came over for a pizza supper, opening gifts (he got a helmet from Bill's folks, Jordan is now ready to play hockey), and cake. We then took off about 8 p.m. to go skating. We just got back so we are all tired out.

Kids and I are going to sleep in while Bill tries his hand at the last chance at a 4 legged deer this year. We are going to Bill's folks for dinner, Dan, Christina and Ben will be there. We are going to go skating again.

We've gotten our share of skating in this holiday season. [Wink] [Cool] I have to say I am getting really good on my skates and I am feeling it on my body but I am not going to let it keep me from skating. It is sooo fun!

Posts: 1020 | From: Spicer, MN 56288  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sharon
Forum Regular
Member # 15

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sharon   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well I had a most enjoyable holiday myself. The most relaxing and enjoyable one I've had in a lond time.

I was at JPs with Stacy's and Shannon's. We went Tues. I had picked up Papa Murphy pizzas so we had those for dinner. Jeff and Shannon came afterwards. Shannon had to work till 6pm.

Shannon had made a hot dish that was very good and we all added other things with it. It was all good and I can tell I ate to much since I have a few extra pounds now to get rid of.

I must say that one of the most enjoyable things I enjoyed was seeing the 6 grandchildren play so well together. I don't think I ever heard them argue or fight about anything. And there wasn't any toys for them to play with. JP had several round bales of hay outside rapped in plastic that they were mostly playing on. And an empty horse coral they played horsy in. Then they found a place that they could have ice skated on but no ice skates. But I was most impressed of them having so much fun together and nothing really to play with. They just made up all of their play. I enjoyed that mostly because you don't see kids making up something to do on their own like that much any more. I think we will be going there more often for their sake.

JP has to get a little more use to them to know how to let them get more involved in helping do chores. In time they will all learn and maybe a help to him later.

After Stacys and Shannons all left Wed. afternoon to go to their homes JP swept the floors and vaccumm (and I didn't tell him to do it) I cleaned up the kitchen and he went out to do chores and I sat down and read and rested. Listened to my CDs. We later went to Bible Study and came home to have some lunch and go to bed.

Thurs. I did some things around the house while JP worked out side. I went to New London shopping for some things I wanted. I found things to do all day and JP found things outside to do and when I did all that I could which was after supper I sat down and started a book I had brought with hopes of reading it while I was there.

Fri. after chores JP and I went to Appleton for lunch and to see the Marx family who were all at a hotel spending a few days together. Was nice to see Elmer and Vivian whom I haven't see for a long time. When we got back JP went to do his chores and I continued my book.

Sat. it was snowing. I enjoyed a whole day of just eating, listening to my CDs and reading. Poor JP worked hard all day. He was dehorning calves and there wasn't anything I could do to help. He went out at 10am and didn't come in till around 4pm for lunch. Then he had to go out to do the chores and came in at around 8pm for supper.

Sun. we went to a special meeting at Ruth Ann Lords place and to dinner at some friends by the name Behns with Howard and Mary Lou Marx. I had to leave at 1:30pm since I needed to get home. It was a 4 hr. drive from there. We was about 1/2 hr my way for special meeting so I didn't have that to drive then. But its a 4 1/2 hr. drive other wise. I had a good book on tape which helped pass the time.

Right now my life seems to be going pretty nice. Meaning a little slower than the last yr. I hope to be able to keep it like that but once these holidays are over it probably will start to pick up again.

I'm going to go check this Curves out Sat. if its something that I will like to do the doctor I work for said that they will pay for it. If its a place I can get up early in the morning and go to and work out a half an hour before I go to work and come home to shower and go to work than it is what I will want to do but I have to exercise in the morning before I start work or I don't feel like it afterwards.

Happy New Year again Have a good year. Looking forward to seeing all of you sometime soon.

--------------------
Sharon Kay

Posts: 211 | From: Rochester, MN 55902  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Faces

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To: