Toop.org Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Toop.org » What's Happening? » What's on your mind? » What is everyone doing....

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: What is everyone doing....
Sheleen
Grand Member
Member # 20

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sheleen           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What is everyone doing tonight?

We are going ice skating, then to Holiday Inn for the rest of the evening and night. Another couple our age who have 3 kids our kids age.

Let us know what you have planned!

Have a Happy New Year everyone!

Posts: 1020 | From: Spicer, MN 56288  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sheryl
Super Poster
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sheryl   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
After I got done working yesterday and took an 1 1/2 hr nap we went to Maple Grove to do some shopping at our now favorite store.... Babies r us. After shopping we went over to Famous Daves and had supper. I wasn't very impressed with their bbq ribs. [Frown]

We then picked up a few movies, sparklers and some munchies. Came home and lit up the sparklers..... [Thumbs Up] [Cool] Then watched "The Country Bears" and Sum of all fears.

Maria fell asleep before midnight, but Eric and I stayed up until 1:30, I with a little dozzing off.

Happy 2003!

--------------------
Sheryl

Posts: 3134 | From: Ramsey, MN  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Vonnie
Grand Member
Member # 4

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Vonnie           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 

Happy New Year everyone

I ended up staying home and just watching TV and sat at my computer for a while. [Cry Smiley]

I have had Famous Daves bbq ribs. twice now. Everyone doesn't like the same thing, but I did like the ribs. [Razz]

Every time I say someplace I want to go and eat when I come to Eric & Sheryl's, they go there. [Big Grin] At least Famous Daves has other things to eat that I will be able to get Sheryl to go back there when I come. [Wink] That is going to be my treat today. I am fixing ribs with Famous Daves bbq sauce. I hope they are good.

[ January 01, 2003, 10:34 AM: Message fixed by: Vonnie ]

--------------------
Vonnie S. Toop

Posts: 1399 | From: Eau Claire, WI USA  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Stacy
Forum Regular
Member # 27

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Stacy   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"YES, HAPPY NEW YEARS TO ALL OF YOU TOO!!"

This is how our day went. We slept in until 9:30-10:00. Then went to the Badland's from 11:30am until 6:30pm. Some went snowtubing and some went snowboarding and some sat in the warming house enjoying each others company.

Then we went to Stillwater to Denise & Ricky's (Denny's sister's place) and fondued beef & shrimp and lots of munchie food ( like shrimp pizza, some kind of small bread with tomatoes, cheese & nuts toasted, and the normal chips & salsa, peanuts, - I think you get the point) [Big Grin]

We played Yatzee, Dominos, Twister & BINGO. Great grandma even stayed up to see the New Year in. She said she hasn't done that in about 20 yrs!! [Whatchutalkingabout Smile] LOL!

Then at 12:00 we toasted with sparkling apple cider (I forgot the sparklers at home!!) and wished everyone a Happy New Year!!

Now we're finally getting up to eat breakfast!!

"WISHING YOU ALL A GREAT 2003!!"

Posts: 417 | From: Mpls  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Shannon
Member # 19

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Shannon           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"Happy New Years"

Being that I had to work too,I didn't plan anything and we wasn't invited to anyones place. However we had stakes on the grill,baked potato w/calif cheese sause over them and a salad that we really enjoyed at this wedding we was to on Sat.

I had mention that we should go and see grandma at this assistance living home, at 6:30 to play her favorite game(scrabble).

I took some cookie that I made and we had them w/coffee and milk for the kids. She was so pleased that we came,we left just before 10pm.

Jason was tired enough to go straingt to bed,Leah was shortly after him,Jeff and Ryan played counter strike while i had some more coffee and read a magazine. It was 12am by the time I went to bed and Jeff follewed.

The kids and i went shopping looking for bargains! Not to many out shopping! We jsut5 ate around 2pm,now i'm going to take a nap!!! For going to bed late Jeff was up at 8am and so was 2 kids. So much for sleeping in! That's something we don't do is sleep in pass 8am!?

"Happy New Years Everyone"

--------------------
Shannon

Posts: 533 | From: Wausau Wi USA  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sharon
Forum Regular
Member # 15

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sharon   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well guess what. I have time today to post my news. Enjoyed reading what you all did so thought I'd add what I did for the New Year.

I had to clean a house first, but was done by 3pm. Picked Geneva up and went to Medas. Had to do her washing and clean the apartment since I hadn't been there for over a week. Then at 5:30 some friends came and she helped me make oyster stew. Medas request. It was something they had on New Years Day when she was younger and hadn't had in a long time. Since shes 97 now and almost 98 I thought it would be special to have it for her. But I remember my family having it at times too. In the winter. Don't remember it being at any special time like xmas or New Years. So I had had it before also but it had been years and I was glad for the chance to have it again because it brought back memories for me also. And the friends we had like having it at New Years Eve also. It was good and the oysters didn't have any of that sand in them that I remember as a child. We then finished out the night playing scrabble. We all enjoy that game. We did see the new year in also but went for home right afterwards.

Today I slept till 8AM and ate breakfast and talked to my favorite friend, Carol Evenson (she called me) Then left here at 10am to go for a walk with the friends who we were with last night, at a Quarry near here. It was very adventurence and fun to be with these friends whom I have become very close to since being here.

Came home and fixed dinner for Geneva and after we ate have been trying to catch up on things on my computer. I had alot of junk to delete and email letters to read.

HAPPY NEW YEAR FROM ME TO ALL OF YOU. Hope we all have a good year. Read the news paper and one would wonder what the out come will be, but one thing is for certain we will be okay if we trust in the true God and let Him direct us in the right way.

--------------------
Sharon Kay

Posts: 211 | From: Rochester, MN 55902  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Stacy
Forum Regular
Member # 27

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Stacy   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Shannon, did you go shopping before 9:00 or in the afternoon?

We went to Stockman's around 2:30 pm today because they had 24 pk of Mt. dew for $4.60. And when we got there we ran into someone we knew from Boy Scouts, who told us that they stopped in at 9:30 am and the line was about a 1/2 hr wait. When we got there it was only about 15 min. but it was busy. We got lots of pop but we're setting ground rules for it this time so it doesn't go so fast. They had Grassland butter for $1.30 & gal. of 2% Milk for $2.03. Couldn't pass it up. Otherwise we probably wouldn't have gone anywhere today.

Went for a hike in the woods with Lizzy and played Black 13 with the kids most of the day - after sleeping in until 9:30-10.

Well, it's been a fun day! Even after getting an email message saying we had a virus on our computer. But we think we're okay. Brianna's waiting to play Black 13 again! Was fun reading everyones emails about what they did!

Kids go back to school tomorrow!! And Denny & I go back on Monday! Going to go visit grandma Helen for lunch tomorrow and see if we can get to grandma Mohr's.

Take care to all!

Shannon
Member # 19

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Shannon           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
These are the places we went: We left at 10am and back by 1:30. Kohls,$ Tree,card outlet,Shoe store(looking for dress boots for Leah),W-Mart(found the boots),Petco(betta on sale,bought 4),Another pet store but was closed,and then to County Market.

It wasn't bad at all. No lines(even at W-mart)!

Nice to hear what everyone was doing.

I wish we had a place to ice skate. We have a indoors rank but you can only go at a certain time and pay to get in. Remember that one in Baldwin we went to with the Magsams! That's the kind i wished we would have around here.

[ January 01, 2003, 06:11 PM: Message fixed by: Shannon ]

--------------------
Shannon

Posts: 533 | From: Wausau Wi USA  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Stacy
Forum Regular
Member # 27

Bum deal. We don't even have that kind of ice rink anymore either. We have to pay and it's only open Sunday afternoons. [Cry Smiley]

We go to New Richmond to go play hockey and then the kids get to sqeeze in a few minutes between the hockey game but we did find out that we could use the outside rink if we want. We'll check it out on Friday when we're there. Then you can come and skate some Friday night. [Big Grin]

Sheleen
Grand Member
Member # 20

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sheleen           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Great to hear what everyone was up to.

We did go skating but us gals only lasted for an hour. Our feet were killing us! [Cry Smiley] And we do this for fun? [Roll Eyes]

The ice outside is so uneven that half the time you are on your behind or it's really hard to do much for skating.

The guys skating a couple of hours and came over to the hotel to join us ladies in eating. [Embarrassed]

We swam until 11:30 p.m. got dried off and tossed in the new year with the champagne provided by the hotel. Everyone stood outside their rooms blowing the whitsles and giving New Years kisses. [Wink] We stayed up visiting until 2 a.m. and only slept in until 9 a.m. got up slowly and about noon we went looking for a place to eat which ended up at Hillcrest on Hwy 71. Came home for a nap and around 4 Kent & Devi family came over for pizza supper.

Today, was a killer to get out of bed! [Cry Smiley] We are all looking forward to the weekend so we came get more zzzz's.

HAPPY 2003 EVERYONE!

Posts: 1020 | From: Spicer, MN 56288  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Faces

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To: