Toop.org Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Toop.org » What's Happening? » What's on your mind? » Snow is coming (Page 1)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic is comprised of pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Snow is coming
Shannon
Member # 19

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Shannon           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It snowed last night 2-3 inches that the weather man had said,and he is right for once! ha

And we're to get more on the wkend. Maybe we'll be able to go snowmobling after all. If we do,then you'll have to count us out with going tubbing. It's been 2 yrs of not going snowmobling and we are just impatiently waiting to go again.

[ January 31, 2003, 07:08 AM: Message fixed by: Shannon ]

--------------------
Shannon

Posts: 533 | From: Wausau Wi USA  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Stacy
Forum Regular
Member # 27

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Stacy   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It snowed here too. Looks nice and clean outside. [Smile]

Doesn't it have to snow at least a foot before going snowmobiling? I can't believe you'd rather go snowmobiling then spend a weekend with your family [Confused] We're gonna cry [Cry Smiley] if you don't come!

JUST KIDDING! [Wink]

Posts: 417 | From: Mpls  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eric
Webmaster
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eric   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
We got about an inch....fine with me...enough for sleding and playing around....

But I'm not breaking my back shoveling [Smile]

--------------------
~ Eric

Posts: 1139 | From: Ramsey, Minnesota  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sheryl
Super Poster
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sheryl   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It is snowing pretty good here at the moment. Nice big flakes! [Thumbs Up] It is the wet snow though. It will be interesting to see how much we really get.

--------------------
Sheryl

Posts: 3134 | From: Ramsey, MN  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Vonnie
Grand Member
Member # 4

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Vonnie           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It has been snowing here today since noon. It is 4:30 now. We also have been having the big flakes. They really look pretty coming down. [Wink]

6:27 pm Well I just came in from shoveling. It is heavy, wet and ? inches of snow out there. I didn't do all the shoveling because of my knee but got some done. No it hasn't stopped snowing yet but I thought I had better get some done so it wasn't so deep for me. [Cry Smiley]

[ February 02, 2003, 06:34 PM: Message fixed by: Vonnie ]

--------------------
Vonnie S. Toop

Posts: 1399 | From: Eau Claire, WI USA  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Shannon
Member # 19

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Shannon           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It just started snowing here around 7pm.

Kids are hoping for no school tomorrow! [Wink] Brings back memories!

--------------------
Shannon

Posts: 533 | From: Wausau Wi USA  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sheleen
Grand Member
Member # 20

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sheleen           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
We have lots of the white stuff and how beautiful it is!? [Cool]

This morning I could see the cement patio but right now there has to be at least 6-8 inches on it now.

Our kids are, also, hoping for 2 hrs late at least if not the whole day off. [Wink] I wouldn't mind it either.

Posts: 1020 | From: Spicer, MN 56288  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Stacy
Forum Regular
Member # 27

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Stacy   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
9:45 PM - still snowing here. Started about 1:30 PM and still coming down good. [Thumbs Up] It's still not like what we used to get - 3-4 inches an hour!! Where you can't see anything at all!! But it's not done yet so we'll see what tomorrow brings! [Big Grin]
Stacy
Forum Regular
Member # 27

Well I'll be, there is at least 6 inches out there today!! [Big Grin] I didn't believe the weatherman - just seemed unreal. LOL

No school today so our kids are happy campers except they think they should be able to go skiing! [Roll Eyes] Sorry, no school, no going anywhere either unless later on in the day they have the roads cleaned [Thumbs Up]

Eric
Webmaster
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eric   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
we got about 12 inches at our house.... I had fun at 5am blowing the driveway out.

Yesterday after noon I made a snowman by myself.... Colby wasn't much help [Smile]

It is just about as tall as me...and sheryl says as round...but I dis agree with that [Smile]

I'll post a picture.

--------------------
~ Eric

Posts: 1139 | From: Ramsey, Minnesota  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sheleen
Grand Member
Member # 20

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sheleen           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes, we got about as much as you did, Eric but Bill didn't get up to clean the driveway so there is no way we are going anywhere which is alright by me! [Wink] [Cool]

The kids were so happy to have the day off! They didn't sleep in and have been outside playing in the snow. Sledding, making snow angels and snowmen.

Our snowmen are not as tall though as you, Eric. [Wink]

It is nice to see all the white around here, it's like a winter wonderland you see in magazines. I took a picture and I hope it does justis to what it really looks like.

What is everyone else doing on this wintery day?

Posts: 1020 | From: Spicer, MN 56288  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eric
Webmaster
Member # 2

WORKING [Smile]

I'm one of those people that can drive 20 miles to work in the snow...but people that live 10 or less can't make it [Smile]

Every business has those people [Smile]

So are the kids sliding down the hill?

--------------------
~ Eric

Sheryl
Super Poster
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sheryl   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Working..... [Frown] Not that I would be able to enjoy it being that I'm as big as a house and can't do any sliding or rolling around in it. I'll see if I'm comfortable enough to help Maria make a little snowman next to the daddy snowman that Eric made yesterday...not quite as round as he, but close..... [Wink] Just kidding! [Razz]

--------------------
Sheryl

Posts: 3134 | From: Ramsey, MN  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Stacy
Forum Regular
Member # 27

We went downhill skiing at Afton Alps. [Big Grin]

We can't go to school 10 miles away but we can drive 50 some miles to go skiiing. [Roll Eyes] Didn't quite make sense to me but we had a good time anyhow. [Cool]

Colette that didn't think she would like skiing - wouldn't get off the hill to go home.

Today we are home with sick kids!! We ended up with the flu that everyone is getting! [Mad]

And Colette twisted her ankle in gym so had to go to the clinic to get an x-ray. No broken bones!! [Razz]

Sheleen
Grand Member
Member # 20

Yes, the kids went sledding just about all day! Which was fun for them and the house was quite until 4p.m. They wouldn't stop to even eat by then they were so hungry I couldn't make chili soup fast enough.

I have the greatest boss who let me stay home with the kids. [Razz] I will be making my time up by working tomorrow though so it isn't like I got it for nothing. [Razz]

I wouldn't have been able to get out the driveway even if I wanted to so I wasn't going anywhere! It wasn't until 7 p.m. we were able to get the drive cleaned. I didn't know how to work the snow blower so couldn't do it. Bill showed me how so that can't be may excuse next time. I think though the boss would still let me stay home with the kids if it is a snow day.

This topic is comprised of pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Faces

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To: