Toop.org Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Toop.org » What's Happening? » What's on your mind? » 1st night home

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: 1st night home
Sheryl
Super Poster
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sheryl   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I put Hayden to bed around 9:30 fed him and changed him. Fell right to sleep. We headed to bed around 10:30 if I remember right we fed him another oz and changed him again.

Well about 11:30 p.m. until about 5 a.m. he was not very consoliable. I think he probably took a few 1/2 hr naps and ate about 4 oz. Whatever we did he wasn't getting any better.

Finally at 5 a.m. he went to sleep until 8 a.m. I had to get up to relieve my breast at 7:30 so once I finished I changed him and fed him 2 1/2 oz. He is back to sleeping. Now I'm starving..... [Roll Eyes] [Eek!] [Frown] [Big Grin] [Wink]

Well you know what we will be doing today.... Napping! [Frown] [Smile]

--------------------
Sheryl

Posts: 3134 | From: Ramsey, MN  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Vonnie
Grand Member
Member # 4

Icon 12 posted      Profile for Vonnie           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Boy, if he is going to get you up that many times at night, don't forget you need your rest also, so take many naps when he is sleeping during the day.

If he is going to keep you up all night, you might as well get your days and nights mixed up also. LOL [Wink]

--------------------
Vonnie S. Toop

Posts: 1399 | From: Eau Claire, WI USA  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Shannon
Member # 19

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Shannon           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
And how was the second night??? [Wink] Hope it's getting better.

--------------------
Shannon

Posts: 533 | From: Wausau Wi USA  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sheleen
Grand Member
Member # 20

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sheleen           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
OH! I feel for you Eric & Sheryl! [Frown] That first week can be difficult but hopefully it gets better.

Yes, how was the 2nd night! Like Vonnie said sleep when he sleeps. I remember those days tough but try to enjoy it. [Wink]

We are thinking of you!

Posts: 1020 | From: Spicer, MN 56288  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sheryl
Super Poster
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sheryl   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The 2nd night was better, but the third night was rough again. I'm thinking he can't digest my milk very well. The 2nd night we used Carnation Good Start formula and he was sleeping about every 2 hours. [Thumbs Up] So we will be stopping the breast milk and just doing the formula. I'm not going to try to be a wonder women and think I can do it all as perfect as someone else.

It will get better, but it is harder to sleep when he sleeps because the laundry doesn't stop, we have to think of meals, go to appointments, etc. Plus give Maria the attention she needs. [Cry Smiley]

I'm not sure how you all did it with 3. [Eek!] [Confused]

On top of all that my feet are swollen and I can't seem to get them to go down. They say put them up, drink lots of water, etc. Doesn't seem to be helping. We will see what happens in the next couple of days lets hope they get better or go away.

I'm not sure if we will be up to having company over night anytime soon if this keeps up. So if we say no to coming please don't take it offensively. [Confused]

[ May 02, 2003, 10:13 AM: Message fixed by: Sheryl ]

--------------------
Sheryl

Sheryl
Super Poster
Member # 3

Ok...last night was much better. More the normal schedule that I remember with Maria. Hayden must be adjusting more now. He went down at 9:30 up at 11:15. He woke at 12:30 must not have burped him enough. Eric said he went in burped him and he fell right back to sleep.... [Cool] until 3 a.m. then he went down around 4 a.m. after changing and feeding him. He then slept until 7:10 a.m.

That is more like it!!!!! [Thumbs Up] [Cool]

--------------------
Sheryl

Connie Korger
Member # 9

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Connie Korger           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
These first weeks will go quickly. Remember, you just had surgery. It isn't just rest from lack of sleep, you need rest for healing. The laundry will wait. I bet no one had to go without underwear or socks yet.

I think I know now why I haven't seen more pictures.

Posts: 194 | From: Green Bay, WI,USA  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sheryl
Super Poster
Member # 3

Yes, that would be the reason we haven't posted anymore pictures of Hayden. We are trying to catch as much zzzzzzz's as possible.

As for the underwear...that would be me that is running out, because I still can't wear my normal ones and I only have a limited amount of them. It hasn't been all that bad with Eric's help.

The recovery I have found has been much faster than with Maria. That is contributed to the fact Eric has been a big help with everything. The incision I can already tell is healing because I could itch it forever, but a little difficult with the tape that they put on it. They told me I couldn't take it off for at least a week...tomorrow!!! Yeah! [Cool] I think I might wait a couple more days to make sure it is completely closed. Or wait for it to fall off by itself.

--------------------
Sheryl

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Faces

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To: