Toop.org Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Toop.org » What's Happening? » What's on your mind? » Fell out of bed

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Fell out of bed
Vonnie
Grand Member
Member # 4

Icon 9 posted      Profile for Vonnie           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes It is true. I fell out of bed this morning. [Cry Smiley]

Yes I am looking for simpathy. [Cry Smiley]

It wasn't like I almost fell and tried to catch myself, OH NO, I never broke my fall at all. I must have been laying on my back at the edge of the bed. Rolled over and dropped onto the floor onto my stomach. And I mean dropped. It was like dead weight hitting the floor. (okay now you are really laughing because of my weight) [Big Grin] I don't think I was even aware of anything until I hit the floor. [Confused]

I laid there for a few minutes trying to figure out how to get up. Because of my knee replacements I don't do good on my knees. But getting on my knees was the only way to get up, after I got out of the sheet and blanket that went with me. [Wink]

Good thing my sleep machine has a long hose because I still had my mask on. I could have had that fall on my head also. I never hit the end table with my head, so I was lucky there.

I hurt both knees (one looks like it is filling with fluid, but that is the knee that I have had trouble with internal bleeding for no reason, so I hope it is just fluid). I also hurt my back.

But I will be just fine. I just had to tell about how my day started. [Razz]

[ June 21, 2003, 03:45 PM: Message fixed by: Vonnie ]

--------------------
Vonnie S. Toop

Posts: 1399 | From: Eau Claire, WI USA  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Connie Korger
Member # 9

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Connie Korger           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I would recommend side rails but they are as dangerous as the fall. You would not do well with a single bed. You would have to have mats on the floor next to the bed.
Posts: 194 | From: Green Bay, WI,USA  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sheryl
Super Poster
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sheryl   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm glad to hear that you are feeling better today, but man that must have been a little scary. Sorry..... [Big Grin] I did laugh that visual that you gave us, but not at the thought of your knees and back hurting. [Frown] [Eek!]

You need to invest some of your hard money into a full size bed instead of the twin size that you currently have. [Light Bulb] That might be the problem.

--------------------
Sheryl

Posts: 3134 | From: Ramsey, MN  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Faces

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To: