Toop.org Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Toop.org » What's Happening? » What's on your mind? » Loss of a loved one

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Loss of a loved one
Sheryl
Super Poster
Member # 3

Icon 9 posted      Profile for Sheryl   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Our Grandma (Pederson) Mohr passed away this a.m. around 9:30 a.m. It is sad news, but in a sense it is a blessing. This would be our fathers mother. [Frown]

Grandma has been suffering for about 2 years with cancer. I'm not 100% sure what kind it was, but I'm thinking it was the bladder. She would have been 85 this October.

I remember a lot of holidays, family gatherings and times that we've spent with her growing up. It won't be the same without her. She is resting in peace with no pain and that is a happier thought then if she were to have suffered longer. I will say though that I'm sorry that we didn't make more of an effort to go see her during this time. [Frown]

[ July 16, 2003, 07:40 PM: Message fixed by: Sheryl ]

--------------------
Sheryl

Posts: 3134 | From: Ramsey, MN  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sheleen
Grand Member
Member # 20

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sheleen           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes, I have to say the same as Sheryl. Wish we would have made more of an effort to see her more during the pass years. I to remember all the family get togethers growing up.

Grandma was a wonderful lady, she had a lot of energy and was very crafty lady. She made Sheryl and I a Barbie doll house when we were very young but I still remember them carrying it in the house in New Richmond, WI on our birthday. I still have that doll house!

Sounds like the funeral will be Saturday at 1 p.m. with the visitation before hand from 11 a.m. - 1p.m. Haven't heard yet where it will be held.

Posts: 1020 | From: Spicer, MN 56288  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sheryl
Super Poster
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sheryl   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It will be held in New Richmond, WI at the 1st Lutheran Church.

--------------------
Sheryl

korgecl
Member # 45

Icon 9 posted      Profile for korgecl           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sorry to learn of your grandma's passing.
Even when you know grandparents are not going to be around forever, there is not a good time to lose a loved one.
Bladder cancer is what my mother has, you know. I hope your grandmother did not suffer with pain.

Posts: 53 | From: Green Bay office  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sheryl
Super Poster
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sheryl   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My understanding is that she suffered 2 years, but I only heard of her really not feeling very well with a lot of pain in the last 4 months. The last 3 weeks she went down hill verrrrrrryyyyyy fast.

It seems weird to think that Grandma won't be there for our gatherings... [Frown]

--------------------
Sheryl

Vonnie
Grand Member
Member # 4

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Vonnie           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I am also sorry to hear about your grandmother. My simpathy to you.

I just wish we could all go fast instead of suffering in pain when we aren't going to get any better.

I really hear you when you talk about not spending enough time with the elderly. I think we are all quilty about that.

--------------------
Vonnie S. Toop

Posts: 1399 | From: Eau Claire, WI USA  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Faces

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To: