Toop.org Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Toop.org » What's Happening? » What's on your mind? » CA TRIP

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: CA TRIP
Sheleen
Grand Member
Member # 20

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sheleen           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I am back from my 4 day trip to San Deigo, CA. The weather was 75 degrees and a little breeze, perfect weather! [Cool] On Friday Donna (one of the gals I work with), her sister and brother-in-law who live in San Deigo took us to Seaport Village. Seaport Village has 75 specialty shops. Then they took us to Old Town, it is the oldest part of San Deigo and the stores look orginal.

Saturday, AAA took all 80 of us on a tour of the town. We saw Coranodo Island which has the oldest and first motel every built in San Deigo. It was built in the late 1800's without a blueprint each section of the motel was setched 3 days before starting. The inside is unbelivable. The ceiling of the dining area looked like an inside of a ships bottom, all wood. The schandlers looked like a kings crown. We then went to Balboa Park which was created by a lady who planted 100 trees a year. All the trees are still there today. It is a national park. Then we took an hour cruise of the bay, going pass the naval base, cruise landers they use out on the ocean for the aircraft to land, submarines, etc. We saw dolphins, sea lions, seals, etc. in their natural setting. [Cool] In the evening we had a cocktail party with great food! Met the guy who created the ad for Gap and Old Navy with Madonna and some rap singer, which we saw that very nice on TV.

Sunday, Sara (another gal I work with) to SeaWorld. That was the best! [Cool] We went to the 4-D show which has the usual 3-D stuff but have the special of water, and air for sences, for example the capitan spit out his pop and we were sprayed with water. Once rats were running about and air would hit the back of you leg making it feel like the rats were climbing your legs, EEK! [Eek!]

Bright Monday morning we took off for home we had a plain change in Denver with an hour delay and we arrived in MN/ST Paul airport around 7 p.m. and the 2 hour drive home put us at home around 10:30 p.m. with only one stop. [Cry Smiley] Needless to say we were all tired! And had to get up the next morning to come to work! [Mad]

I am glad to be home! Kids missed me, thank goodness! [Confused] And I missed them! Dad just doesn't cook as well us [Wink] Mom and don't have much for varity!

Posts: 1020 | From: Spicer, MN 56288  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
korgecl
Member # 45

Icon 1 posted      Profile for korgecl           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This is Connie. I have korgecl listed when I am online at work. Sounds like a great trip. Even better when someone else is paying at least part of the bill.

I was at that Seaworld about 17 or 18 years ago. Fun then too. Is the Mexican food there similar to how it is served here?

Posts: 53 | From: Green Bay office  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sheleen
Grand Member
Member # 20

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sheleen           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
We didn't have any mexican food! In fact, we didn't do too much eating there! The food was soooo expensive. My breakfast which was one slice of french toast, ham and orange juice cost $13.00! [Roll Eyes] [Eek!] We eat 2 meals a day and snack in between.
Posts: 1020 | From: Spicer, MN 56288  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sheryl
Super Poster
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sheryl   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sounds like you had a good time. Did a lot of things in a short period of time. Hope you took a lot of pictures so you can share them with us.

--------------------
Sheryl

Posts: 3134 | From: Ramsey, MN  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Faces

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To: