Toop.org Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Toop.org » What's Happening? » What's on your mind? » Little mishap

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Little mishap
Sheleen
Grand Member
Member # 20

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sheleen           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This afternoon Bill and I were taking our usual Sunday nap. All of sudden both Bill and I heard Bryant crying a frantic cry we leapt out of bed running to him in the back entry. He had his arm pressed to his head. We carefully laid him down not knowing what happened. We convinced him to take his arm off so we could asses the situation. There was a big gaping hole on his eyebrow. Bryant by then was laugh and crying all at once.

I took him into the Urgent care and he was a tough guy. Didn't cry once not even when they went to numb his eyebrow. They were going to put a glue like bond, I asked is it dermabond? Yes, are you a nurse? No, Bryant had it once before. But they weren't able to use that because it wasn't a clean straight cut. We were there 1 1/2 putting 2 stitches. I got a little light headed for a bit but as soon as I got outside I felt much better.

Bryant went a opened the door too fast and he was quite out of the way of the swinging door. He is doing great, in fact, he is downstairs here playing with their finger skateboards.

Posts: 1020 | From: Spicer, MN 56288  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sheryl
Super Poster
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sheryl   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Wow.... [Eek!] ! I bet that was a little scary. I haven't had to deal with that yet. I'm hoping that we don't have to but that would be a little naive on our part.

Glad to hear that it didn't hold him back. I think Maria would be the type to milk it and get all the pampering that she can get out of us.... [Wink]

--------------------
Sheryl

Posts: 3134 | From: Ramsey, MN  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Shannon
Member # 19

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Shannon           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
OOOh that would of hurt and not felt to good at the time! [Frown] I'm that way too with the kids,as if i feel all the pain that i get wezy to my stomach.

It's bond to happen. Been awhile since we had an ordeal like that. It does shows how each child reacts to situations when they get hurt or pain. I know Leah is not very strong with any little pain. She can put on a show. [Smile] And so far she hasn't had any mishap that requires stitches. They will have to tie her down or put her out. [Wink]

[ October 29, 2003, 08:46 AM: Message fixed by: Shannon ]

--------------------
Shannon

Posts: 533 | From: Wausau Wi USA  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sheryl
Super Poster
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sheryl   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
LOL.... [Smile] Maria would be that same way yet her mom would probably need it as well... [Smile]

--------------------
Sheryl

Posts: 3134 | From: Ramsey, MN  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sheleen
Grand Member
Member # 20

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sheleen           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Victoria is much like Leah and Maria but the boys they are pretty tough.

A couple of wkends ago Jordan bit his lip again pretty bad not a tear came out of him. In fact, he wrecked his front teeth which was a $200.00 to repair. [Mad] Thankfully for insurance most of it was paid. The kids were fooling off on the neighbors trampoline. [Frown] Our kids no longer can go over there to play on it. They are too dangerous. They get too many on there at on time.

Bryant is healing pretty good and he gets the stitches out Friday after school. He ask lots of questions on if it'll hurt but he keeps saying I'll not cry I'll be tough like when I got them. [Wink]

[ October 29, 2003, 11:16 AM: Message fixed by: Sheleen ]

Posts: 1020 | From: Spicer, MN 56288  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Faces

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To: