Toop.org Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Toop.org » What's Happening? » What's on your mind? » My Old Car

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: My Old Car
Eric
Webmaster
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eric   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well it was a beautiful day outside when I purchased my new car in late August. I never had any second thoughts about my old 1995 Eagle Vision. That was until one day I get a call from my wife. She had just received a phone call from her ex-husbands new wife. Apparently a police officer was looking for me and got a hold of her. (he said it was by putting my name in the database and credit records). I promptly called the Sergeant back and started to explain to him that I traded my car in August and that the dealership sold my car to a wholesaler, who in turn put the car up for auction.

He then explains to me that my car was seized in a major drug bust the night before and my name was still the one on the title. Below is the article about the bust.

I got home that night and found a message from my neighbor across the street that I have talked to like 4 times in the past 3 years. The officer had also contacted her.... don't ask how.. I don't have a clue.

Then last Saturday I received a Certified letter in the mail. I opened it up to find a letter addressed to me, letting me know that my car and $2,640 was being Seized and that an Intent to Forfeit my property was taking place.

BUT IT ISN'T MY CAR!!! By law I don't provide a transfer to a dealership to the state.... not until the car is sold to an individual. So somewhere or another someone dropped the ball. So know I have been making phone call after phone call to the state, to the District Attorney's office, and to the Police officer trying to figure out how I get my name off of this thing so that I don't have this on my police record!!!! Grrrrrr

COTTAGE GROVE: Traffic stop yields meth
BY AMY BECKER
Pioneer Press

A speeding stop yielded much more for Cottage Grove police, who seized about $18,000 worth of methamphetamine in a Tupperware container.

An officer spotted a man driving 78 mph in the southbound lane of U.S. 61 near 70th Street in Cottage Grove about 2:12 a.m. on Oct. 22. The officer pursued him, according to a criminal complaint filed in Washington County District Court.

The driver pulled off the highway and into a gas station. When the officer approached, he smelled alcohol. The driver, Juan Luis Vargas, 28, failed field sobriety tests. A breath test showed his blood alcohol level was .162, well over the legal limit. Vargas, from South St. Paul, was arrested.

Cottage Grove police patted Vargas down and found $2,640 and live ammunition in his pocket, the complaint said. They suspected he had drugs in his vehicle and impounded it in connection with the drunken driving arrest.

Officers found a sealed Tupperware container in the car that contained more than a quarter-pound of methamphetamine, the complaint said. The 168-gram stash is "(more) than we normally see," said Washington County sheriff's Cmdr. Don McGlothlin.

Vargas has been charged with first-degree drug possession and fourth-degree driving while impaired. His next court appearance is set for 1 p.m. Nov. 13. He posted bail of $1,000 and left the county jail. Attempts to reach him for comment Monday failed.

--------------------
~ Eric

Posts: 1139 | From: Ramsey, Minnesota  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eric
Webmaster
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eric   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I talked to the officer in charge this morning. My main concern was that in a year I might be pulled over and they see this DRUG thing on my record and would instantly cuff me and want to search my car.
He assured me that it would not be on my record. He did also mention that my car ended up going through like 8 different hands (dealerships).

I'll still be worried until the County attorney calls me back and reassures me [Smile]

--------------------
~ Eric

Posts: 1139 | From: Ramsey, Minnesota  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sheleen
Grand Member
Member # 20

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sheleen           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
WOW! That would be a little scary! [Eek!] I can do a MVR check on you, if you don't mind, it would show any violations on you. We would have to wait until Dec it usually takes a couple of months to show. That could, also, efft. your insurance. Keep an eye on that one!
Posts: 1020 | From: Spicer, MN 56288  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lynn
Member # 8

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lynn           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Eric, If you needed some extra cash that bad you should have just asked....LOL

--------------------
~~~Lynn~~~

Posts: 79 | From: New London, MN 56201  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eric
Webmaster
Member # 2

I tried to give you hints but you just weren't paying attention Lynn!! [Smile] [Big Grin]

--------------------
~ Eric

Paul
Beginning Poster
Member # 47

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Paul   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Doesn't sound like very much fun at all Eric. I hope everything gets straightened out. Just another reason while you shouldnt trust car salesmen...

--------------------
-Paul

Posts: 2 | From: Duluth  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Faces

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To: