Toop.org Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Toop.org » What's Happening? » What's on your mind? » Have a safe New Years Eve!!

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Have a safe New Years Eve!!
Sheryl
Super Poster
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sheryl   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm hoping that everyone is staying in and enjoying the comforts of home away from the drunks on the road.

We are going to get movies, play card & board games and have a nice meal.

Let us know what you did do.

Keep safe!!

--------------------
Sheryl

Posts: 3134 | From: Ramsey, MN  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sheryl
Super Poster
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sheryl   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well we watched the movie "Freaky Friday" and Stacy & Eric stayed up to watch S.W.A.T while Hayden, Maria & I went to bed....10:30p.m.

The neighbors were lighting off fireworks so I did wake at midnight [Mad] ...does that count for seeing in the new year!?

What did you do?

[ January 02, 2004, 06:18 AM: Message fixed by: Sheryl ]

--------------------
Sheryl

Vonnie
Grand Member
Member # 4

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Vonnie           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I went to my friends house in Spicer. (Marlene & Doug),

We had a nice meal and than just sat at the kitchen table with snacks & talked. We didn't know if we would make it to midnight or not. I thought maybe I would come home earlier.

Well in our conversation I looked at my watch and noticed it was 11:20 PM. I said guess what we missed the ball coming down at 11:00. We all just laughed about it.

Well the next thing we knew I happened to look at my watch again & it was 12:15. I right away said "Guess what we just missed New Years coming in".

We continued talking and than their daughter came home so she sat down & talked to us. Before I knew it, it was 3:00 am. I had no intentions of staying that late, but we did have a nice time.

Not very many people on the road that time of night. [Big Grin]

--------------------
Vonnie S. Toop

Posts: 1399 | From: Eau Claire, WI USA  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Connie Korger
Member # 9

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Connie Korger           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
MIke and I went out for a nice dinner and then drove around a little to see some Christmas lights. We rented some movies. We watched 1. I was starting to fall asleep near the end of the movie. It ENDED AT 9 P.M. We started another movie but it was weird and so at 10:30 I was safely tucked in bed.

I can't remember the last time I was up to see in the new year.

Posts: 194 | From: Green Bay, WI,USA  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sheryl
Super Poster
Member # 3

I'm with you Connie....those late nights are too much even for me!! [Eek!] I really never was much for staying up that late.

--------------------
Sheryl

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Faces

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To: