Toop.org Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Toop.org » What's Happening? » What's on your mind? » The new year is here!

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: The new year is here!
Eric
Webmaster
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eric   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I hope everyone was ready for the new year. It sure came in a hurry.

As I look back over the past 12 months it is amazing how life has changed around me.

• Maria turned a milestone when she turned 5
  • My son Hayden Frank was born
  • I celebrated 3 years of married to a wonderful woman
  • Maria started SCHOOL
  • Reese Winter was born
   It is absolutely amazing how much Hayden has changed over the past 8 months. I watched this little baby.... start to change into a boy. He first started out so helpless, then started to interact with me, then he started to talk and crawl, laugh, cry, get into everything he could reach or crawl to, he has 2 teeth now (first one was on Christmas day), he is everywhere and always on the go. He is my little buddy and we have fun together.

Maria has changed a lot too. She started the year as a toddler, 4 years old. Then she turned 5 and became a little lady. She just loves wearing skirts and it was a challenge to get her to change to pants when the weather turned cold. She has been an amazing helper with her little brother around. There are many times when Sheryl and I ask her to take a bowl or glass down to the kitchen when she is taking hers. We get the response "why do I always have to take them" [Smile] Then there are other times when she just takes them without us saying a word.
Her smile just like Hayden's turns my day around when I come home from a tough day of work. She still loves to color and does it all the time.

Kids are simply amazing

I'm not sure what I can say about Sheryl. Nothing I think of does her justice. Things that come to my mine are amazing, wonderful, absolutely beautiful, loving, caring, and stubborn [Big Grin]    She is my left hand and sometimes also my right. She does so much that it makes me tired just watching her sometimes. She was home with Hayden for his first 2 months of life. I only saw him at night and weekends (after my first week with him). I would have gone nuts with a little baby that was up every 2 hours and crying. But she did it without a whimper. As if she wasn't busy enough. She took on the role of being a daisy troop leader. It give Maria and her a special time together and that is good. We also have started to take more time for each other lately after the kids go to bed. Remembering that we are also husband and wife and not just mom and dad. I LOVE HER, she is my best friend

The past year has been good for me and my family.
I hope that the year was as good for you,

Eric

Posts: 1138 | From: Ramsey, Minnesota  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Vonnie
Grand Member
Member # 4

Icon 7 posted      Profile for Vonnie           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Very well said Eric. [Smile]

Some times it just feels good to put your feelings on paper. [Big Grin]

--------------------
Vonnie S. Toop

Posts: 1399 | From: Eau Claire, WI USA  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sheryl
Super Poster
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sheryl   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ahhhhhhhhh!!! [Heart] That was very nice to read.

My husband, Eric, has been quite amazing. Every single night for the past 3 1/2 years he will give me a back rub and I can say he does it without any complaints. Most times it is him that offers to rub my back. I look forward to that because it makes all that I do around the home worth it. Plus it helps me relax and sleep much better at night. Not only the back rubbing he tackles the many home improvement jobs that we would like to do to our house. If it were me I would hire someone because I don't have that talent. Not Eric, he believes in himself enough to know he can do it. It just takes the reminder from his wife that it needs to be done he is good at putting it off... [Wink] I've been a very luck lady to have him in my life. [Heart]

My daughter, Maria, is quite fun and loving! The love that she shows her brother, Hayden, is amazing. The morings don't start right for her unless she can see him or does the day end right if she doesn't get to give him a kiss & hug before he retires for the night. She is a very big help around the house and with Hayden. When she isn't around I notice all that she does do to help us out. The enthusiasim she has for school is very refreshing for me to see and I do hope that will always be. She is very thoughtful to others. Her quailties are endless. [Smile] [Heart]

My son, Hayden, has been a reminder of how amazing God creates a life and how much they can add to our lives. Even through all the stages he goes through, the grabby days as well, I just can't wait to see what his next thing will be. His smile, personality and character puts a smile on my face. I wouldn't change nothing of what he has brought to our little family. I will even add that those first 6 weeks were worth what he is today. [Heart] [Smile]

I thank God for all the blessings he has blessed me with and may I in return give God what he wants of me. [Heart]

[ January 08, 2004, 07:46 AM: Message fixed by: Sheryl ]

--------------------
Sheryl

Posts: 3134 | From: Ramsey, MN  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Faces

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To: