Toop.org Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Toop.org » » Computer Questions » FORMATING TEXT

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: FORMATING TEXT
Eric
Webmaster
Member # 2

Icon 3 posted      Profile for Eric   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Okay, here's a quick HTML lesson.

If you want to manipulate your text, you need to surround the text with a "command" your browser will interpret as HTML and results in the desired effect. For text manipulation purposes, we'll define a few styles here.

HTML Commands to get started(actually referred to as "Tags"):
b makes text bold
i makes text italic
h1 makes text huge
h2 makes text a little less huge

You surround the tags with less than and greater than arrows on each side to let the browser know it's hidden code. You place the tag directly in front of the word(s) you want to manipulate (no spaces) and then place another tag AFTER the word to end the effect. When you place the tag to end the effect, you need to add a slash (/) in front of it.

For example, let's say you want your message to say "Congratulations on a job well done" and you want the word "Congratulations" to be bold. You would type the sentence like this (the brackets ( ) are taking the place of (<) and (>)so you can see them in these examples):

(b)Congratulations(/b) on a job well done!

If you wanted it to be bold and italic you would do this:

(b)(i)Congratulations(/i)(/b) on a job well done!

Notice that the tags have to be "released" at the end of the word in opposite order they were applied. The first tag applied is the last to be released, does that make sense?

Note: the less than arrow (<) goes on the left of the tag and the greater than arrow (>) goes on the right side of the tag.

Any questions?

"Copyright Johnonline.net"

Posts: 1139 | From: Ramsey, Minnesota  | Report this post to a Moderator
Lynn
Member # 8

Icon 10 posted      Profile for Lynn           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 

did I do it right???

Posts: 79 | From: New London, MN 56201  | Report this post to a Moderator
Lynn
Member # 8

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lynn           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 

its not working

Posts: 79 | From: New London, MN 56201  | Report this post to a Moderator
Eric
Webmaster
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eric   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 

Okay stop it now you testing fool

Vonnie
Grand Member
Member # 4

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Vonnie           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I can see why you told me this was going to take time to tell me how to do this. But I haven't figured it out yet. I will be the only one writing with small letters and in black letters. LOL
Posts: 1399 | From: Eau Claire, WI USA  | Report this post to a Moderator
Sheryl
Super Poster
Member # 3

Icon 3 posted      Profile for Sheryl   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 

I fiqured it out can you believe it!

Posts: 3134 | From: Ramsey, MN  | Report this post to a Moderator
Eric
Webmaster
Member # 2

Icon 4 posted      Profile for Eric   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 

Yes but can
you do this?
Hmmmm?

Vonnie
Grand Member
Member # 4

Icon 13 posted      Profile for Vonnie           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Every time we do learn something new you have to come up with something else. You always try to stay a step ahead of us don't you! LOL
Posts: 1399 | From: Eau Claire, WI USA  | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Faces

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To: