Toop.org Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Toop.org » » Computer Questions » Internet stuff

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Internet stuff
Sheryl
Super Poster
Member # 3

Icon 8 posted      Profile for Sheryl   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I am not liking the way that I have to bring everything up. First I have to bring up Aol, then internet explorer, Icq, then microsoft outlook. To me it is a lot of monkey business. Is there anyway that I can bring up one thing and it brings up the rest? I know that is a lot to ask, but I am kind of leaning towards going back to Juno. It was so much easier and quicker to bring up Juno because it brings up icq for me. I don't have to bring up another browser to surf the net quicker and all my email is right there.

Sorry that I am being so diffcult. It isn't much fun getting on the internet when you have 20 other steps to go through.

Posts: 3134 | From: Ramsey, MN  | Report this post to a Moderator
John
Member # 5

Icon 12 posted      Profile for John   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, Sheryl, if you're interested...you can make all of these programs begin every time you start your computer. If you do this, however, you must remember that the programs will start EVERY SINGLE TIME you start your computer, even if you don't want them to (then you just need to shut them down). Initially, it will take your computer a little longer to boot up, but maybe it's worth not having to do it all yourself. If you want to know how to do this, respond to this message and I'll tell you how!

CIAO

Eric
Webmaster
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eric   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sheryl,

I'm already looking at a new internet provider for you. The reason I don't like Juno is the fact that you can't receive, what is called HTML messages. Messages with pictures in them, for an example. I really feel that this is the best type of Email. Trust me, we all know what you are talking about. I have to open 2 or 3 things everytime I want to connect to the internet, so does John.

You know me... I'll figure something better out for you.

------------------
~ Eric

Posts: 1139 | From: Ramsey, Minnesota  | Report this post to a Moderator
John
Member # 5

Icon 4 posted      Profile for John   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Nevermind
Sheryl
Super Poster
Member # 3

Icon 12 posted      Profile for Sheryl   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks guys! When the two of you figure it out let me know. I like your idea John and I will probably go with that, because they're only two things I use my computer for. One to go to Toop.org and to icq Eric. And at times to email letters or cards. So for now I think I will go with John's idea until we find better internet service or Eric and I get married and I don't need it. LOL!
Eric
Webmaster
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eric   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
How about this then:

I create an Icon on you computer that you can click on once you have connected to the internet and it will launch the rest of the programs you want. Sound good?

------------------
~ Eric

Posts: 1139 | From: Ramsey, Minnesota  | Report this post to a Moderator
Sheryl
Super Poster
Member # 3

Icon 14 posted      Profile for Sheryl   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sounds good to me, honey!
Sheryl
Super Poster
Member # 3

Icon 4 posted      Profile for Sheryl   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
We definitely have get set up that function button to start all other programs that I use. The reason being is that I was going to your site and it was slooooowwwwww. I couldn't figure out why until I looked at the bottom of my screen and all it has on it is AOL. Can't wait until tell it is up and running! URRRRRRRR
Sheryl
Super Poster
Member # 3

Icon 5 posted      Profile for Sheryl   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
When am I going to get this button that starts up the new browser,icq,and microsoft outlook? I think it has been about two weeks that I ask to have that done....

GET ON IT BOYS

[This message has been edited by Sheryl (edited 12-20-1999).]

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Faces

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To: