Toop.org Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Toop.org » Parenting » Expecting... » Expecting........ (Page 2)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic is comprised of pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Expecting........
Kelly Lieser
Member # 10

Icon 4 posted      Profile for Kelly Lieser           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yikes! I haven't given much thought to twins! Don't scare me like that. That would be three generations in a row in our family. How about you Sheryl? Do you think there could be two in there?

[ August 27, 2002, 08:23 AM: Message fixed by: Kelly Lieser ]

Posts: 57 | From: Plymouth, MN USA  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sheryl
Super Poster
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sheryl   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 

LOL!

[Eek!]

Well I'm preparing myself as if there is two in there. That is why we've waited two years so that incase we did have twins we wouldn't have three daycare bills.... [Eek!]

Kelly I think it would be kind of fun to have twins. What do you think?

I had talked to my OBGYN about the chances of having twins. She said that it could take up to the 5th month to determine if there would be twins. I guess the egg can seperate and become one off and on through those months that it is hard to determine until then. [Eek!]

Kelly & Nat are you going to find out the sex of the baby? I would like to, but Eric doesn't and I know if I knew it would be hard to keep it a secret.

--------------------
Sheryl

Posts: 3134 | From: Ramsey, MN  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eric
Webmaster
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eric   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oh this is so much fun. I love all this chatter about babies [Smile]

No I don't want to know the sex... sure it would be nice for picking out clothes, colors, etc.....

But I'm am really looking forward to the birth with me not knowing. It is a present I know I am getting, but have NO clue what it is...until it gets opened in 9 months.

I'm going to love it!

Now remember Kelly, don't lift heavy things
are you feeling okay?
maybe you should reset
Would you like some water?
are you comfortable?
don't stress yourself out.

LOL okay I'll stop.. Just trying to get them out of my system so I don't drive Sheryl Crazy [Smile]

--------------------
~ Eric

Posts: 1138 | From: Ramsey, Minnesota  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kelly Lieser
Member # 10

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kelly Lieser           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think it would be fun to have twins, but keep in mind that I'm a first timer! [Razz] Two babies at once would be a lot to handle.

I actually don't have any symptoms, except I'm a little tired and I have to pee a lot. But I don't feel sick (yet).

How are you feeling Sheryl?

And Eric, I'll have to give your list of questions to Nate to make sure he is asking me all of those things on a regular basis [Wink]

Nate doesn't want to find out the sex of the baby. As for me, I'm not sure yet. It would be nice to plan ahead and buy clothes at the end of season clearance sales, but then again there are so few surprises in life....

[ August 27, 2002, 04:12 PM: Message fixed by: Kelly Lieser ]

Posts: 57 | From: Plymouth, MN USA  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sheryl
Super Poster
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sheryl   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes, that would not be as much fun to have them the first time. Need to break you into this parenting thing before having two at one time.

My Aunt at 19 had a set of twins the first time then a single child and another set of twins.....needless to say she had a nervous break down when the second pair came. She didn't think she could do it again....have another set of twins. Today though she is a daycare provider for many children... [Cool] [Smile]

Very true Kelly, very few surprises in life. Good way to think about it. I'll have to remember that when I want to know. If it is twins we will defiantly find out the sex if possible.

I'm feeling very tired, emotional and pee a lot. Otherwise, no sickness yet. I don't think you'll get that until after the 8th week if I remember correctly.

--------------------
Sheryl

Vonnie
Grand Member
Member # 4

Icon 10 posted      Profile for Vonnie           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I love this new look for the expecting parents. The pins are perfect, even though you guys now days use pampers!

But for the grandparents, we do remember using many diaper pins.

Thanks for making this site interesting all the time. I love the changes.

For Sheryl and Kelly. I never had a sick day when I was pregnant. I was one of those people who never felt better. I loved being pregnant! Enjoy it and try to think twice before you say or do something with the different emotions.

The two of you will fly through this with flying colors. Don't forget, the dads also go through different emotions. Why I have no idea but they say they do. I think it is just the idea of being a dad and how your life changes. [Wink]

--------------------
Vonnie S. Toop

Posts: 1399 | From: Eau Claire, WI USA  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eric
Webmaster
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eric   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This whole thing is going to be a lot of fun..... I can't wait!

--------------------
~ Eric

Posts: 1138 | From: Ramsey, Minnesota  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pappy
Member # 37

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pappy           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Congrates Eric

Here`s something you might want not to say or do , thought it was pretty funny

A couple had been married for about 15 years, and one fine summer day as
they are out working in the yard, the man tells his wife, "Man, your butt
is getting fat!"
She gets ticked off and moves to another part of the yard. The husband
follows her and says, "You know that gas grill over there? I'll bet your
butt is as big as that grill. It's huge!"
The wife gets really mad, tells him HE can finish the yard HIMSELF and she
goes inside. Then the husband, still playful and fixated, finds a
yardstick, measures the grill, goes inside and measures his wife and says,
"Yup, they are both the same size."
The wife doesn't appreciate his sense of humor and is livid! She doesn't
speak to him the rest of the day. When the man comes to bed that night, he
cuddles up next to his wife and says, "Hey honey, how 'bout it?
She thinks for a moment and pulls away. "What's wrong?" he asks. She
answers, "you're crazy, if you think I'm gonna fire up this big ass grill
for one little weenie!"

LOL

Have a great 9 months planingand waiting, then the fun begains. Up at nite , feeding,diapers,oh just some of the bad ,but this page itn`t big enough or your harddrive to hold all the good stuff.

--------------------
Jeff

Posts: 12 | From: Wausau ,Wi  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eric
Webmaster
Member # 2

Icon 10 posted      Profile for Eric   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I really can't wait. I'm excited to be able to do those things. I know that will wear off quickly the 3rd night it happens. But I love kids!

I know my life will change a lot. I'll be lucky if I ever play Counter Strike or the new one coming out. Maybe on the occasional weekend but that is about it. That is why I/we are trying to get all of our projects done now... So next summer our big project will be BABY. [Smile]
[Big Grin]

--------------------
~ Eric

Connie Korger
Member # 9

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Connie Korger           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My pregnancies were like Vonnie described. No morning sickness. Some fluid retention at the end but not bad. I was very large when I was pregnant with the twins but I didn't actually gain much more than when I had Greg. I worked until 3 weeks before Greg was born (summer school ended then) and 2 weeks before Tania and Kelly were born. Delivery uneventful. Twins were one footling breech and one posterior (most common). Pregnancy was a very enjoyable experience for me. I wish the same for both of you.
Posts: 194 | From: Green Bay, WI,USA  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sheryl
Super Poster
Member # 3

Did you go early with Tania & Kelly? My mom had Sheleen & I a month prior to her due date. How soon before you had them did you know they were twins?

--------------------
Sheryl

Connie Korger
Member # 9

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Connie Korger           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I was due around May 30. I found out May 1 that it was going to be 2. They were born on the 15th. 6 lb.8 oz and 6 lb 9 oz. Big enough to keep. Greg was 8 lb 11 oz so they looked small to me.
Posts: 194 | From: Green Bay, WI,USA  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sheryl
Super Poster
Member # 3

Wow...so the girls were only 2 weeks early! They say usually they'll come a month prior. That was about the size we were, but I understand that we were a month early from mom's due date. Mom did find out until 2 weeks prior to having us that she was having twins. She'll have to tell you the story. She ended up canning a ton of stuff before we were born and we still had some when we graduated from high school. That's how much canning she ended up doing. [Eek!] [Eek!]

--------------------
Sheryl

This topic is comprised of pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Faces

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To: